Recommendation: iPhone Xr or iPhone Xs Max

Sorenson
23 minutes ago, SHADY16 said:

after using both i dont see why the Xs Max is worth up to 500$ more then the Xr. i rarely used 3D touch lol forgot it existed at some times. also in my experiance battery on the Xr is a lot better then the Xs Max as well. for those who says the Xr feels cheap there wrong it doesnt feel cheap in any way

I ended up going with the XS max since it was $150 off for Memorial Day. The screen in my opinion is noticeably different than the Xr. Also, I keep my phones for a long time, so personally the nicer one made more sense.

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

I ended up going with the XS max since it was $150 off for Memorial Day. The screen in my opinion is noticeably different than the Xr. Also, I keep my phones for a long time, so personally the nicer one made more sense.

i dont know maybe its just my eyes cant see the difference. also from my experiance the Xs Max has worse celluar connectivity then my Xr has like i explained in my post above, i had a bad experiance with the Xs Max. might just pay the early upgrade fee when it comes and get the 11 or wait for the 2020 iphones for 5G

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

Please don’t buy a new phone!

Just go to any phone repair shop and get your iPhone battery replaced for $40 or less! It will take less than 30 minutes. 

You won’t benefit much from getting a new phone. The performance will be the same-ish, ignoring benchmark scores. The camera will be better, but not by much. Battery life will be better, sure. But an iPhone 7 with a new battery gets you through the day without a hitch.  

5 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Please don’t buy a new phone!

Just go to any phone repair shop and get your iPhone battery replaced for $40 or less! It will take less than 30 minutes. 

You won’t benefit much from getting a new phone. The performance will be the same-ish, ignoring benchmark scores. The camera will be better, but not by much. Battery life will be better, sure. But an iPhone 7 with a new battery gets you through the day without a hitch.  

I had already replaced the batter. My iPhone 7 was going down to 37% from 6am-11am with a 95% battery health battery. I ended up grabbing the iPhone Xs max, and I'll go to sleep with the phone at 90% battery, and won't need to charge it again until like 6pm the next day. It was on sale so it was an easy decision for me :) 

I bought the XR a couple months ago an I am very happy with the decision. I would make the same one even if they were the same price. I didn't buy it because it was cheaper.The two reasons I am most happy with it are first, the battery life. I have never had a phone with battery life this good. I had the Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S10+, iPhone 6S Plus, and none of them came even close. The second reason is the performance. I think its because the display is lower resolution (which I can barely notice) and doesn't push the A12 chip as much. Every XS Max I have used is laggy and drops frames all over. I think the XR is what an iPhone is all about.

CPU i7 8700K ( 5 GHz) RAM G Skill Trident Z 32 GB (3200 MHz) GPU EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370 E Gaming Cooling NZXT Kraken x62 R2 PSU EVGA SuperNova 650 W 80+ Platinum Storage 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SATA, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA Display Dell QHD 144Hz 27'' Case NZXT H500 Black Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mouse Logitech G900 Operating System Windows 10 Pro

40 minutes ago, mkU1tra762 said:

I bought the XR a couple months ago an I am very happy with the decision. I would make the same one even if they were the same price. I didn't buy it because it was cheaper.The two reasons I am most happy with it are first, the battery life. I have never had a phone with battery life this good. I had the Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S10+, iPhone 6S Plus, and none of them came even close. The second reason is the performance. I think its because the display is lower resolution (which I can barely notice) and doesn't push the A12 chip as much. Every XS Max I have used is laggy and drops frames all over. I think the XR is what an iPhone is all about.

Hmm maybe in mobile gaming, which I don’t partake in, but I haven’t noticed any dropped frames in anything I do. I’ll admit, the size of the iPhone XR would be nice, but I absolutely love the screen on my phone. I’m glad you’re happy with the XR though.

22 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

Hmm maybe in mobile gaming, which I don’t partake in, but I haven’t noticed any dropped frames in anything I do. I’ll admit, the size of the iPhone XR would be nice, but I absolutely love the screen on my phone. I’m glad you’re happy with the XR though.

I wonder if its something to do with the demo in the Apple stores then. I don't game really at all. I notice it swiping on the home screen, opening apps, etc. That's one of the reason's I left iPhone in 2015. I went from the 6S Plus to a Nexus 6P because I thought google was paying better attention to their software optimization than apple was after iOS 7 at the time. Again, maybe it's just in the stores because I haven't used one in the wild yet. I noticed in on the iPhone X last year to. I seem to notice theese things more than most people too so some people are totally happy with it and don't see it. Not saying you don't see it either. It may not be there at all.

CPU i7 8700K ( 5 GHz) RAM G Skill Trident Z 32 GB (3200 MHz) GPU EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra Motherboard Asus ROG Strix z370 E Gaming Cooling NZXT Kraken x62 R2 PSU EVGA SuperNova 650 W 80+ Platinum Storage 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SATA, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA Display Dell QHD 144Hz 27'' Case NZXT H500 Black Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Mouse Logitech G900 Operating System Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, mkU1tra762 said:

I wonder if its something to do with the demo in the Apple stores then. I don't game really at all. I notice it swiping on the home screen, opening apps, etc. That's one of the reason's I left iPhone in 2015. I went from the 6S Plus to a Nexus 6P because I thought google was paying better attention to their software optimization than apple was after iOS 7 at the time. Again, maybe it's just in the stores because I haven't used one in the wild yet. I noticed in on the iPhone X last year to. I seem to notice theese things more than most people too so some people are totally happy with it and don't see it. Not saying you don't see it either. It may not be there at all.

I think it might be the response time of the oled pixel. I noticed that when swipping between stuff really quickly it didnt look smooth, but i think that is because there isn't ghosting which will look like motion blur. 

Maybe, but I have had a couple of Pixel phones with OLED displays and the ran way smoother. (until they didn't, hints why I'm back on iPhone)

well you guys have to also think that apple only has 2 yrs of experience with OLED technology so it could be that too

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz

9 minutes ago, SHADY16 said:

well you guys have to also think that apple only has 2 yrs of experience with OLED technology so it could be that too

Their OLED panels are made by Samsung. I just compared my Xs with my brother’s S10 and they look and act almost identically.