is that safe to buy motherboard open box

It just means that the person who originally bought it just opened the box and may have taken some accessories. It should be perfectly fine to buy but I'd highly recommend you wait for Ryzen 3000 and x570 boards if you haven't already bought this or your CPU

Means the board was either a model they used say on there YT channel, or was returned by someone and was not faulty or anything and may or may not be missing original in box components such as sata cables, stickers, I/O Shield etc.. Thats what open box means. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Sychic said:

It just means that the person who originally bought it just opened the box and may have taken some accessories. It should be perfectly fine to buy but I'd highly recommend you wait for Ryzen 3000 and x570 boards if you haven't already bought this or your CPU

ok thanks
but i expect we will not get the new ryzen before 2-36 month
but i wanted to know how long open box motherboard was used 

Just now, maroammar said:

ok thanks
but i expect we will not get the new ryzen before 2-36 month
but i wanted to know how long open box motherboard was used 

well the new chip is anticipated to announced at the CES Keynote Dr Lisa Su is giving next Monday to open Computex and then possibly launching in July. in the past, when they announced it, it was usually only a few weeks from announcement to launch, so no real reason to think otherwise differently this time around. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Means the board was either a model they used say on there YT channel, or was returned by someone and was not faulty or anything and may or may not be missing original in box components such as sata cables, stickers, I/O Shield etc.. Thats what open box means. 

thanks
you means it safe and i can get it with any future problem in oc

190 isn't that good of a price tho... i can get a brand new taichi for less...

1 minute ago, maroammar said:

thanks
you means it safe and i can get it with any future problem in oc

should be no issues with an open box motherboard. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

190 isn't that good of a price tho... i can get a brand new taichi for less...

i found this asrock wit 165$ is that god or asus opne box and honstely i didnt trust on asrock and me and all friend never used it 

ASRock X470 Taichi AM4 AMD Promontory X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

3 minutes ago, maroammar said:

i found this asrock wit 165$ is that god or asus opne box and honstely i didnt trust on asrock and me and all friend never used it 

asrock actually used to be part of asus... currently part of Phoenix, a major oem supplier, for example for Acer

it's on par with the crosshair

I'd consider it more risky as it introduces several more variables than a sealed "new in box" product. My prior build comprised of an open box ASRock Z170 Fatality ITX/AC board, open box Samsung 950 Pro, and open box Core i7-6700. It would not POST or give beep codes from just core components and built out of the cardboard mobo box.

I'm a hop and a skip away from a Microcenter and Newegg, so I got identical NIB versions of the CPU and motherboard with the idea that I would just return the part/s I did not need. Easiest thing to do was pop in the NIB i7-6700, which resulted in the same problem. So I opened up the new motherboard and it POST immediately. Curious, I powered down and tried the open box i7-6700 and it went right back to not POSTing. Put the NIB 6700 back in, and voila, POST again. So if you're following along, my "open box" motherboard and CPU were both DOA. 

This hasn't really deterred me overall as there are really good deals to be had on otherwise 'like new' hardware if you're willing to roll the dice on open box parts. For instance, I picked up a GTX 970 STRIX for about $200, back when $329 was normal, because it was open box and missing its original packaging.