Headset getting no sound.

nightcrawler

My headset was working just fine i was getting sound and the mic was working. got on my computer the next day turned it on and no sound at all and the mic wasnt working, my computer isnt detecting my headset at all anymore. ive tired troubleshooting, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reverting to old windows updates, wiping my whole computer, also plugged in different headphones/headsets (3.5mm jack) nothing.

12 minutes ago, nightcrawler said:

My headset was working just fine i was getting sound and the mic was working. got on my computer the next day turned it on and no sound at all and the mic wasnt working, my computer isnt detecting my headset at all anymore. ive tired troubleshooting, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reverting to old windows updates, wiping my whole computer, also plugged in different headphones/headsets (3.5mm jack) nothing.

so it's your computer havin the issue? have you tried your headset on a different pc?

yes i have tried my headset on a different pc and they work, its just on my main pc that they dont work.

7 hours ago, nightcrawler said:

yes i have tried my headset on a different pc and they work, its just on my main pc that they dont work.

Your PC case should have two connectors for audio that go to the motherboard. One for HD and one for something else. Try switching those out. If all else fails, I would think

A) something in the BIOS got unchecked (so maybe try resetting CMOS)

or

B) the audio on your board has simply died

thank you for the suggestions, i fixed it by doing a hard reset thank god it wasnt anything to serious.