Will there be any problem if i get less than 240 fps on 240hz gsync monitor ?

sahildale
Go to solution Solved by Zando_,
Just now, sahildale said:

So when i play AAA titles on ultra settings the gsync will drop the refresh rate from 240hz to match the fps i am getting

Yeah, but usually they have a range. Lowest they go is 35-40Hz, you'd have to see what the range of yours is. Though you shouldn't be dropping below 100 in most titles in the first place. 

So i am planning to build a new gaming PC on which i will be primarily playing cs go (that's why 240hz monitor bought) but I'll also be playing other AAA titles where getting 240 fps on ultra settings will be impossible on rtx 2060. Also tell me if there's anything wrong with my build 

well... you wasted on that... you bought both gsync and 240 mhz

freesync works on nvidia

your system has no way of pushing much more than what a 144hz can handle

with your build you should be able to get 240hz in esports titles, and games like Apex and BFV will probably run in the mid 100fps range. 240hz is a really demanding frame rate, especially on ultra settings. I'm using an i7 8700k and a GTX 1070 ti and only 124 fps on apex with ultra settings, and 144~ with high/medium settings. I would go with a 144hz monitor with free sync instead. 

Just now, Sorenson said:

with your build you should be able to get 240hz in esports titles, and games like Apex and BFV will probably run in the mid 100fps range. 240hz is a really demanding frame rate, especially on ultra settings. I'm using an i7 8700k and a GTX 1070 ti and only 124 fps on apex with ultra settings, and 144~ with high/medium settings. I would go with a 144hz monitor with free sync instead. 

sorry i didn't read your initial post carefully, if its just csgo you should be fine. There is no issue besides occasional tearing on running below your refresh rate. 

3 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

sorry i didn't read your initial post carefully, if its just csgo you should be fine. There is no issue besides occasional tearing on running below your refresh rate. 

G sync rids the tearing right ..? 

@sahildale how much cheaper is the RM550x in your country ? That would be plenty - also your ram if you don’t need RGB get yourself a Corsair vengeance LPX kit (cheaper)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@sahildale how much cheaper is the RM550x in your country ? That would be plenty - also your ram if you don’t need RGB get yourself a Corsair vengeance LPX kit (cheaper)

it does generally, but some games don't play nice with it. I get tearing in from soft games whenever gsync is enabled. 

I am getting 240hz only for cs go as i will mostly play that 

Gsync is for tearing issue which i am confused whether it will help 

Freesync works with nvidia gpus only iffy have integrated amd graphics in cpu

I am getting 240hz only for cs go as i will mostly play that 

Gsync is for tearing issue which i am confused whether it will help 

Freesync works with nvidia gpus only iffy have integrated amd graphics in cpu

So you want to push 240hz with a iGPU? I’m not even sure if that’s possible; maybe others can bring input on this

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

9 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

G-Sync (And FreeSync for AMD or Nvidia GPUs) drops the refresh rate of the monitor itself to match the fps the GPU is outputting IIRC, that's how it removes the tearing. Never kicks in in the first place unless you drop below the max refresh of your monitor, and in my experience with my 144Hz G-Sync panel you never notice drops anyways, unless they drop below 80fps or so. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So you want to push 240hz with a iGPU? I’m not even sure if that’s possible; maybe others can bring input on this

I don't intend to

I said that cos someone told to have freesync monitor although i have nvidia gpu 

So it was said to clear his confusion ? 

10 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

G-Sync (And FreeSync for AMD or Nvidia GPUs) drops the refresh rate of the monitor itself to match the fps the GPU is outputting IIRC, that's how it removes the tearing. Never kicks in in the first place unless you drop below the max refresh of your monitor, and in my experience with my 144Hz G-Sync panel you never notice drops anyways, unless they drop below 80fps or so. 

So when i play AAA titles on ultra settings the gsync will drop the refresh rate from 240hz to match the fps i am getting

Yeah, but usually they have a range. Lowest they go is 35-40Hz, you'd have to see what the range of yours is. Though you shouldn't be dropping below 100 in most titles in the first place. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

7 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I couldn't find other than 650 version 

At the same price i can get seasonic fan less psu but of platinum efficiency 

But would it be better