Total idiot with a fan controller made by even bigger idiots

SigmaDire

So per the case maker, who in the ad on a single site that sells the case labeled it as able to sync with motherboard(asus/gigabyte/msi). They claim the plans for the fans were changed at some point, probably to save money and they DO NOT sync, rep could be wrong I don't know much about fan connectors but 6 pin connectors don't seem usual....

here is the Diagram

VXZpXoM.png

now they also say that the two LED strips connected to the controller ARE addressable, those are the two 4 pin connectors... I'm assuming I can just connect those directly to my MOBO but have had trouble finding the cords that goto a GIGABYTE Mobo from a 4 pin or even from a 4 pin to a more standard pin configuration... but from the pinout I was given and actually looking at the connectors it seems the 4th pin is actually a blank made to fix whatever scuffed controller was used, here is the pinout for the 6 pin fans as well as the 4 pin LED strips

211KAK1.png

furthermore, I noted the labels on the 2 cables for input to the controlled, one I am sure is power but the other was labeled "IBM" and I cannot for the life of me find any information on this..... I would love if the fans speed could be controlled so I am hoping that is related but not holding my breath.

xxkAOGe.jpg

The one labeled IBM is a 5 pin connector but no pinout was available from the case seller and they simply told me the parts were "proprietary" although they do have the case makers logo I doubt that, the case is made by "Computer Upgrade King" or CUK a very unfortunate name, I have an INWIN 805 Infinity too but the thermals on the thing are ******* horrible so I will be using it for a lower grade watercooled build in the future since I am running a 1920x with a wraith ripper, and a AORUS 2080 ti which looks fantastic but has **** tier thermals which leads to me maxxing at 84 C within 5 minutes of full load and throttling about 150mhz lower that it would boost otherwise.....

So if I am kind of hard to understand really just wanting help with these questions, in order of importance.

1. What the hell is that 5 pin "IBM" for?

2. Can my fan controlled be linked to motherboard(through "IBM" maybe) so that I can control fan Speed

3. Can anyone help me with getting my LED strips (the 4 pin with one dead pin) to work with my motherboard? I'm assuming that I should connect them directly.

4. If anything can be connected to motherboard, possibly maybe even if someone thinks fans are addressable based on pinout despite what I was told can anyone link the specs or direct buy page for cables needed to try that and the cables needed to connected the other ARGB led strips to motherboard to sync

5. Are fans, based on pinout 100% not addressable?

Thank you in advance

Literally just buy a 1920x is best CPU

AMD shill

AORUS shill

Enjoy me while I'm here, BANHAMMER INC

I only purchased a AIO with RGB recently so all this RGB stuff is fairly new to me, but from I can see is that looks likes it's mainly a RGB hub. If it supports fans then it could be fans specifically for that brand. The 4 pin LED strip interface looks like it could be a 5050 RGB and is the only one I recognize as being a common connector.

The current state of RGB connecters are a really big mess at this time so you really need to stay with what your motherboard supports unless you are able rewire things yourself.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

6 hours ago, SigmaDire said:

So if I am kind of hard to understand really just wanting help with these questions, in order of importance.

First of all, could you link to this product? I would like to see pictures of connectors. And I also think I've replied post about this controller at some point.

1. What the hell is that 5 pin "IBM" for?

Don't know without seeing the actual connector. I have a hunch if this is the controller I've once searched after already.

2. Can my fan controlled be linked to motherboard(through "IBM" maybe) so that I can control fan Speed

From what I see, this controller is for LED only. You need to connect fans to mobo anyway or use another controller for fan speeds.

3. Can anyone help me with getting my LED strips (the 4 pin with one dead pin) to work with my motherboard? I'm assuming that I should connect them directly.

Are the LED strips using universal connector? Link to product is helpful. You may need adapter to get them connected anyway.

4. If anything can be connected to motherboard, possibly maybe even if someone thinks fans are addressable based on pinout despite what I was told can anyone link the specs or direct buy page for cables needed to try that and the cables needed to connected the other ARGB led strips to motherboard to sync

First you need to link fans. Are those from that In-Win case? Also tell which mobo model you have.

5. Are fans, based on pinout 100% not addressable?

I see 6pins in pinout diagram and pic of 4pin connector. If that is correct pinout, you are missing rpm sensor for fan, and PWM too. Fan LED is mystery, but based on what I know, you can't add functionality to fans if it doesn't exists already. Doesn't work that way. Which is reason why you can't have motherboard RGB support on cheap fan kits (those usually have own remote and hub).

E: A normal RGB fan has two cables, one for fan power, another for RGB. If you don't have another cable for RGB, then you can't control RGB. Normal fan cable pinout is DC, GND, RPM, PWM (3pin is one without PWM).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

First of all, could you link to this product? I would like to see pictures of connectors. And I also think I've replied post about this controller at some point.

Don't know without seeing the actual connector. I have a hunch if this is the controller I've once searched after already.

From what I see, this controller is for LED only. You need to connect fans to mobo anyway or use another controller for fan speeds.

Are the LED strips using universal connector? Link to product is helpful. You may need adapter to get them connected anyway.

First you need to link fans. Are those from that In-Win case? Also tell which mobo model you have.

I see 6pins in pinout diagram and pic of 4pin connector. If that is correct pinout, you are missing rpm sensor for fan, and PWM too. Fan LED is mystery, but based on what I know, you can't add functionality to fans if it doesn't exists already. Doesn't work that way. Which is reason why you can't have motherboard RGB support on cheap fan kits (those usually have own remote and hub).

E: A normal RGB fan has two cables, one for fan power, another for RGB. If you don't have another cable for RGB, then you can't control RGB. Normal fan cable pinout is DC, GND, RPM, PWM (3pin is one without PWM).

So the as far as I know the whole fan system/controller is proprietary again it's made by CUK who primarily make premade PCs as far as I can tell but sometimes sell the cases they use to make premade PCs. They definitely do not sell the fans or controllers individually, which says a lot lol. Here is the PC

https://cukusa.com/cuk-continuum-full-atx-tower-gaming-desktop-case-with-infinity-mirror-and-rgb-led-lighting.html

All the connectors are the same format as the 4 pin but with just extra pins extending out, the 4 pin has one blank as per the pinout but the 6 pin does not, they were unable to give me a pinout of the IBM, which also has the same connector but extended with 1 extra pin over the 4.

As you can see the first 3 pins on the LED strip are labeled and in the image of the 4 pin connector only 3 of the 4 pins are actually being use so that is the order of the pinout, same connector but extended and numbered from left to right.

the controller indeed does nothing but supply power and control LEDs as far as I have been able to use it, the thing is i'm hesitant to buy another controller that I would know hooks up to the motherboard if I don't know if I can even control speed or RGB. I guess the proper thing would be to try to connect a fan to the mobo and see what I can do but without a conversion cable to 4 pin or RGB fusion pins from 6 pin I am at a loss and cannot find one despite searching for hours....

LED strips are preinstalled as well and info is sparse I was hoping the pinout and their word it was addressable would be enough to either connect directly to mobo or use an adapter cable :S

From what you are telling me I am thinking fans 100% cannot be RPM controlled which sucks and the digital LED is probably proprietary as per what I was told, I guess with at least 3 channels for RGB it is not addressable and this fans does not have 3, at this point I am really mainly interested in seeing if I can get that 4 pin LED strip to work with my motherboard if anyone can help using the pinout above.

AMD shill

AORUS shill

3 hours ago, SigmaDire said:

All the connectors are the same format as the 4 pin but with just extra pins extending out, the 4 pin has one blank as per the pinout but the 6 pin does not, they were unable to give me a pinout of the IBM, which also has the same connector but extended with 1 extra pin over the 4.

If the fans really don't have standard connector, then using them without controller is nope anyway. I just find it odd that smaller OEM would go through such waste of process to do that. I mean having propitiatory RGB controls is something, but having actual fan power/control done that way too isn't normal. Even bigger companies use normal fan connectors as its cheaper.

3 hours ago, SigmaDire said:

As you can see the first 3 pins on the LED strip are labeled and in the image of the 4 pin connector only 3 of the 4 pins are actually being use so that is the order of the pinout, same connector but extended and numbered from left to right.

the controller indeed does nothing but supply power and control LEDs as far as I have been able to use it, the thing is i'm hesitant to buy another controller that I would know hooks up to the motherboard if I don't know if I can even control speed or RGB. I guess the proper thing would be to try to connect a fan to the mobo and see what I can do but without a conversion cable to 4 pin or RGB fusion pins from 6 pin I am at a loss and cannot find one despite searching for hours....

LED strips are preinstalled as well and info is sparse I was hoping the pinout and their word it was addressable would be enough to either connect directly to mobo or use an adapter cable :S

From what you are telling me I am thinking fans 100% cannot be RPM controlled which sucks and the digital LED is probably proprietary as per what I was told, I guess with at least 3 channels for RGB it is not addressable and this fans does not have 3, at this point I am really mainly interested in seeing if I can get that 4 pin LED strip to work with my motherboard if anyone can help using the pinout above.

If your mobo has normal, universal LED connector, then you can connect LED strips to mobo. Controlling them is another matter. I could check both of these out, but i really need to know mobo model before that. These things vary quite a bit even between same generation boards.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

If the fans really don't have standard connector, then using them without controller is nope anyway. I just find it odd that smaller OEM would go through such waste of process to do that. I mean having propitiatory RGB controls is something, but having actual fan power/control done that way too isn't normal. Even bigger companies use normal fan connectors as its cheaper.

If your mobo has normal, universal LED connector, then you can connect LED strips to mobo. Controlling them is another matter. I could check both of these out, but i really need to know mobo model before that. These things vary quite a bit even between same generation boards.

The mobo is a Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 wifi (rev1.0) has the 3 and 5 pin RGB fusion connectors if that helps

AMD shill

AORUS shill

12 minutes ago, SigmaDire said:

The mobo is a Gigabyte Aorus X399 Gaming 7 wifi (rev1.0) has the 3 and 5 pin RGB fusion connectors if that helps

As said in manual page 28, the 3pin is universal connector, with same pins as with your cases strips. Dunno about how well it controls, thats what you need to test out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

As said in manual page 28, the 3pin is universal connector, with same pins as with your cases strips. Dunno about how well it controls, thats what you need to test out.

you are a literal god, I am going to search for the conversion cable I have for that and get back to you with results and thanks if it doesn't fry my mobo xD

SIDE NOT FOR ANYONE ELSE WHO LOOKS THIS UP AND DOES THIS

also on PG 28 at the bottom there is a setup to change D_LED between 5v and 12v so make sure to look that up and set it appropriately before connecting and powering on or you WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD TIME

Exact locations for D_LED and the voltage switch for D_LED on pg 24

AMD shill

AORUS shill

so the actual LEDs are 3 pin they literally got a 3 to 4 pic connector with a blank to connect to the controller lol, anyway cord was way to short ordering extension will update ASAP

AMD shill

AORUS shill