which ssd is better

Ah2004

Depends on what you're doing. On paper, the specs of the Crucial SSD blow away the WD blue in speed,  but since they're both SSDs, and therefore nice and fast, you may not see a tangible difference. What tasks are your planned SSD for?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Crucial P1 imo, unless you are writing 500GB to the drive every day.

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Depends on what you're doing. On paper, the specs of the Crucial SSD blow away the WD blue in speed,  but since they're both SSDs, and therefore nice and fast, you may not see a tangible difference. What tasks are your planned SSD for?

ok thx

can someone explain me ssd specs what to look for i need a 1tb m.2 ssd for a razer blade 14 need fast boot times good read and write speeds and game load times

2 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

can someone explain me ssd specs what to look for i need a 1tb m.2 ssd for a razer blade 14 need fast boot times good read and write speeds and game load times

For that, all you need is any SSD and to delete bloatware, stuff that comes stock on the laptop that you don't use. You will not notice a difference in boot or load speeds between an NVMe SSD and a SATA SSD.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

For that, all you need is any SSD and to delete bloatware, stuff that comes stock on the laptop that you don't use. You will not notice a difference in boot or load speeds between an NVMe SSD and a SATA SSD.

for boot, nvme is slightly faster because of the slightly faster throughput but other than that its mostly the same.

you will only notice the difference when opening lots of small files (like booting) or very large files (video prod)

3 minutes ago, Saksham said:

for boot, nvme is slightly faster because of the slightly faster throughput but other than that its mostly the same

Not really, again that's only on paper. In practice, the only advantage NVMe SSDs have is moving enormous files. Anything else behaves he same.

Having an NVMe SSD as my OS drive has had no impact on my experience.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Not really, again that's only on paper. In practice, the only advantage NVMe SSDs have is moving enormous files. Anything else behaves he same.

so basically the laptop has 256gb nvme ssd which for me is not enough storage so i will need to upgrade to 1tb when i get my laptop i think i will be spoiled with nvme read and write speeds and boot times so wouldn't want a sata ssd but then nvme is expensive i fond this one and did not know why its cheaper than other ssds

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

thats possible. i have a sata ssd and nvme. i noticed nvme is faster but the nvme system is also newer. so its probably just the system that it faster that makes me thing that. 

so yea... just get sata unless you are doing video prod

15 minutes ago, Ah2004 said:

i think i will be spoiled with nvme read and write speeds and boot times

You really won't know the difference. I've even done a few games with side by side loads and the NVMe drive still isn't faster.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

You really won't know the difference. I've even done a few games with side by side loads and the NVMe drive still isn't faster.

well then i guess ill go with the cheaper one thx for the help