Pocophone F1 How to downgrade firmware?

AlTech
Go to solution Solved by AlTech,

So I ended up confirming that the Firmware had been downgraded by installing a new LineageOS 16 build which required firmware 9.4.26 and it installed correctly which would not have worked on firmware 10.2.3 .

As for installing it @Arika S

I ended up downloading the firmware zip on my F1 and then rebooting into TWRP recovery (press Volume Up and Power on reboot). And then just telling TWRP to install the downloaded zip file.

So far everything works. And no data was lost. :D

Hi there,

I've been rocking LineageOS 16 on my Pocophone F1 for a week or two now and running an unlocked bootloader, TWRP, and Magisk.

Under the hood I'm running firmware version 10.2.3 but this has started to become a problem with LineageOS wanting firmware version 9.4.x series .

How can I downgrade the firmware on my F1 from 10.2.3 to the 9.4.x series?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

this should have what you want if i remember right the Pocophone is "beryllium"

https://mirror.akhilnarang.me/MIUI/beryllium/

I was more asking how do I apply the older firmware to the phone.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I was more asking how do I apply the older firmware to the phone.

oooh, right.

if it's anything like the Redmi phones, it should be fairly simple unless they added anti-rollback to the poco.

1. download desired firmware version
  2. place .zip on phone somewhere easily accessible
  3. Settings > About phone > System Update >  three dots from above and select the option Choose Update Package
  4. accept that it will erase your data (because it will)
  5. phone should reboot if everything was sucessful

you will very likely need to re-flash TWRP once the downgrade is complete since it will overwrite it with the vendor recovery

If that doesn't work you should be able to do it through TWRP

1. download firmware
  2. place .zip onto phone (preferably SD card if you have one, if not, just internal memory is fine)
  3. boot into TWRP recovery
  4. Advanced Wipe > select the four options Dalvik, Cache, System, and Data. Then swipe right to wipe data. (do not select the location of the .zip you loaded)
  5. Back to TWRP homepage, Install > choose the .zip and swipe to flash
  6. reboot

again this will mean re-flashing TWRP for the same reasons as above.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

oooh, right.

if it's anything like the Redmi phones, it should be fairly simple unless they added anti-rollback to the poco.

1. download desired firmware version
  2. place .zip on phone somewhere easily accessible
  3. Settings > About phone > System Update >  three dots from above and select the option Choose Update Package
  4. accept that it will erase your data (because it will)
  5. phone should reboot if everything was sucessful

you will very likely need to re-flash TWRP once the downgrade is complete since it will overwrite it with the vendor recovery

If that doesn't work you should be able to do it through TWRP

1. download firmware
  2. place .zip onto phone (preferably SD card if you have one, if not, just internal memory is fine)
  3. boot into TWRP recovery
  4. Advanced Wipe > select the four options Dalvik, Cache, System, and Data. Then swipe right to wipe data. (do not select the location of the .zip you loaded)
  5. Back to TWRP homepage, Install > choose the .zip and swipe to flash
  6. reboot

again this will mean re-flashing TWRP for the same reasons as above.

Is there any method which doesn't wipe my data?

I was hoping it would be as easy as using TWRP and adb sideload

9 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Is there any method which doesn't wipe my data?

I was hoping it would be as easy as using TWRP and adb sideload

as far as im aware downgrading the firmware will always result in data loss even through side loading since it can break the dependencies of some programs/apps/system files that rely on specific versions of the firmware it was installed on.

you can always try sideloading, worse case is that you need to wipe the data and start again anyway (just make sure you have backups of everything first ^-^ ). I am still fairly new to the Lineage OS/TRWP/SIdeloading stuff so don't take my word as any kind of authority XD

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

12 minutes ago, Arika S said:

as far as im aware downgrading the firmware will always result in data loss even through side loading since it can break the dependencies of some programs/apps/system files that rely on specific versions of the firmware it was installed on.

you can always try sideloading, worse case is that you need to wipe the data and start again anyway (just make sure you have backups of everything first ^-^ ). I am still fairly new to the Lineage OS/TRWP/SIdeloading stuff so don't take my word as any kind of authority XD

How can I check to see if the new Firmware installed correctly within LineageOS?

So I ended up confirming that the Firmware had been downgraded by installing a new LineageOS 16 build which required firmware 9.4.26 and it installed correctly which would not have worked on firmware 10.2.3 .

As for installing it @Arika S

I ended up downloading the firmware zip on my F1 and then rebooting into TWRP recovery (press Volume Up and Power on reboot). And then just telling TWRP to install the downloaded zip file.

So far everything works. And no data was lost. :D