Enabling HDR in GRID: Combat Racing gives washed-out colors

kingmustard

I have Windows 10 with the latest NVIDIA drivers for my RTX 2080 and a HDR400-compliant Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD monitor (latest firmware).

Enabling HDR mode in Windows 10's Settings makes Windows look terrible, so I don't do that.

I should still be able to enable it on a game-by-game basis, though.

When I enable HDR mode inside GRIP: Combat Racing, my monitor shows 'HDR mode' (so I know it's working) but the game's colors are very washed out and grey-looking.

Any ideas?

I am having this same problem!  I think it might have to do with the Unreal4 engine since I have the same problem with the HDR in Redout.

My setup;

LG TV UH6500 (HDR10)

GTX 1080ti (430.64)

Windows 10 (1809)

I have tried every setting in Nvidia; RGB, 4:4:4, etc with all the different color depths and ranges.  I tried every HDMI connection on my tv with a multitude of cables.  No matter what when I enable HDR in Grip and Redout the colors are washed out to almost white. 

Do you have any other HDR capable games to test?  Something that is not using unreal4?

7 hours ago, NostromoKane said:

I am having this same problem!  I think it might have to do with the Unreal4 engine since I have the same problem with the HDR in Redout.

My setup;

LG TV UH6500 (HDR10)

GTX 1080ti (430.64)

Windows 10 (1809)

I have tried every setting in Nvidia; RGB, 4:4:4, etc with all the different color depths and ranges.  I tried every HDMI connection on my tv with a multitude of cables.  No matter what when I enable HDR in Grip and Redout the colors are washed out to almost white. 

Do you have any other HDR capable games to test?  Something that is not using unreal4?

Other games look fine.

It appears we're not alone:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/396900/discussions/0/1652169858536175563/

Interesting. He says he doesn't have the problem in Redout.  I'm guessing you don't own Redout to be able to test?

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested with Redout. It DOES work for me, but only if I play in fullscreen mode. Windowed and borderless modes mess it up. In GRIP however I can't get it to work no matter what.