GTX 1070

I just wanted to know if upgrading from an RX 580 to a GTX 1070 makes a huge difference or not

and yes i know about getting a gtx 1080ti oe 1080 or any of the new graphics cards is better but i just want to know about the 1070

1070 is better than the 580. Not by a lot, but it's better.

Source: I have had a lot of 1070s and used to have 2x 580 in crossfire.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

Not huge, but noticeable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

in what way would it make a difference? like more fps, better performance? because i mainly want to upgrade because with my rx 580 theres some stutter in some games but its really noticeable when playing FFXV on any setting (and ive tried changing the settings but nothing changes)

8 minutes ago, kitsuneshrine said:

in what way would it make a difference? like more fps, better performance? because i mainly want to upgrade because with my rx 580 theres some stutter in some games but its really noticeable when playing FFXV on any setting (and ive tried changing the settings but nothing changes)

higher fps, higher 1% and 0.1% lows, it has better memory bandwidth so less stutter.

9 minutes ago, kitsuneshrine said:

The RX 580 should not stutter in those games. Have you tried cleaning the drivers with DDU?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

Just now, BleachedFur said:

higher fps, higher 1% and 0.1% lows, it has better memory bandwidth so less stutter.

oh ok thanks

Just now, kitsuneshrine said:

oh ok thanks

I have two 1070s in SLI and BOYYYYY does it make a difference over when I had Corssfire 580s.

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

The RX 580 should not stutter in those games. Have you tried cleaning the drivers with DDU?

no i havent ill try it and see if it works

2 minutes ago, Nocte said:

Just now, kitsuneshrine said:

no i havent ill try it and see if it works

Don't waste your time. The stutter could be any number of things, we don't know your system layout.

It could be Windows, it could be Wallpaper Engine, it could be updates in the b/g, you could have Chrome open (Chrome's GPU process can hog power), you could have a virus...don't waste 30 minutes running DDU and reinstalling until you've given us that information first.

1 minute ago, BleachedFur said:

Don't waste your time. The stutter could be any number of things, we don't know your system layout.

It could be Windows, it could be Wallpaper Engine, it could be updates in the b/g, you could have Chrome open (Chrome's GPU process can hog power), you could have a virus...don't waste 30 minutes running DDU and reinstalling until you've given us that information first.

ok well i do have wallpaper engine and i dont think i have any updates running in the background when ever i want to play FFXV and i usually close out of any applications before i play any games and i doubt i have a virus

but here are my pc specs:

GPU: MSI RX 580 4GB, Motherboard: B350M BAZOOKA, 8GB RAM, CPU: Ryzen 2700

2 hours ago, kitsuneshrine said:

8GB RAM

What speed is the RAM running at?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

2 hours ago, kitsuneshrine said:

8GB RAM

single or dual channel? If it's one 8gb stick that's your stutter problem.

1 minute ago, BleachedFur said:

single or dual channel? If it's one 8gb stick that's your stutter problem.

its single

30 minutes ago, Nocte said:

What speed is the RAM running at?

its 2133

3 hours ago, kitsuneshrine said:

its 2133

That's one of the lowest DDR4 speeds, even my 050 Ti laptop has 2400.

Get two sticks of DDR4 3000 and see how much better the stutter is. ebay has some relatively inexpensive DDR4. Even 2x 4gb is fine if you want to sell your 8gb.

8 hours ago, kitsuneshrine said:

its 2133

Get faster RAM, minimum 3000, minimum 2 sticks. 

Unraid Server

8 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

That's one of the lowest DDR4 speeds, even my 050 Ti laptop has 2400.

Get two sticks of DDR4 3000 and see how much better the stutter is. ebay has some relatively inexpensive DDR4. Even 2x 4gb is fine if you want to sell your 8gb.

well thats when i went to the commend prompt to check the speed and it showed me 2133 but the ram stick i have is a GeIL Evo Potenza 8GB DDR4 2400 

20 minutes ago, kitsuneshrine said:

well thats when i went to the commend prompt to check the speed and it showed me 2133 but the ram stick i have is a GeIL Evo Potenza 8GB DDR4 2400 

You may have to go into the BIOS and select that speed. You might even be able to get a little boost with overclocking. But single channel is what's holding you back. I'd say you should try and get a 2x16GB kit of at least 2666 but preferably 3000MHz+

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||