Mionix Naos 3200

Rovert19

HI LTT community, I've been looking for a new mouse since my Corsair m60 started to die but now my CM Storm Xornet, which is my backup is also starting to go. I figured that the Naos would be a good choice for me since it's similar to the Xornet, but I haven't been able to try it out since none of the stores I've been to had a demo unit. So I have a few questions I'd like to ask before I make the purchase as well as your opinion on the mouse in general.

1) How does it compare to the CM Storm Xornet? The things I liked about the Xornet is that it has the rubber padding on the sides and ergonomic shape. I've noticed the the Naos has a rubber coating instead. How effective is it compared to the rubber pads on the Xornet?

2) How solid is the scrollwheel compare to the m60?

Cheers.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

It's a good mouse but It's much bigger than the Xornet. I feel the Naos is more designed to be palm gripped although you can still claw grip it (if you have large hands) where as the Xornet is so small that you can't do much other than claw grip (unless you have small hands).

The Naos is covered in a rubberized finish compared to the Xornet is hard plastic and has rubber on the sides. The rubber on the sides of the Xornet are more grippy but because of the way the Naos is shaped you won't have any problems with grip, Especially if palm gripping the mouse. One thing to note though is that for me personally my hands sweat a lot more on rubberized finishes for some reason.

One of the best things about the Naos compared to the Xornet is that you have the option to set your DPI in the software rather than being stuck with 3 DPI settings. I can't vouch for the durability of it though because i didn't use it for nearly as long as the Xornet. For the price it's a good but if you claw grip your mice rather than palm grip i would recommend the Logitech G400s over it. - http://products.ncix.com/detail/logitech-g400s-optical-gaming-mouse-with-8-programmable-buttons-usb-black-grey-4000-dpi-b0-82197-1359.htm

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

It's a good mouse but It's much bigger than the Xornet. I feel the Naos is more designed to be palm gripped although you can still claw grip it (if you have large hands) where as the Xornet is so small that you can't do much other than claw grip (unless you have small hands).

The Naos is covered in a rubberized finish compared to the Xornet is hard plastic and has rubber on the sides, The rubber on the sides of the Xornet are more grippy but because of the way the Naos is shaped you won't have any problems with grip, Especially if palm gripping the mouse. One thing to note though is that for me personally my hands sweat a lot more on rubberized finishes for some reason.

One of the best things about the Naos compared to the Xornet is that you have the option to set your DPI in the software rather than being stuck with 3 DPI settings. I can't vouch for the durability of it though because i didn't use it for nearly as long as the Xornet. For the price it's a good but if you claw grip your mice rather than palm grip i would recommend the Logitech G400s over it. - http://products.ncix.com/detail/logitech-g400s-optical-gaming-mouse-with-8-programmable-buttons-usb-black-grey-4000-dpi-b0-82197-1359.htm

Thanks Luke for the prompt response. I actually have very small hands, small enough that I can almost palm the Xornet. I figured that with the Naos being bigger, I could probably palm it more comfortably. Definitely will keep an eye out for the G400 as well next time i go to the store.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I'm not sure how much price is an issue, but I believe the Naos 7000 is a straight-up upgrade, using the same sensor found in the Steelseries Rival.

I'm not sure how much price is an issue, but I believe the Naos 7000 is a straight-up upgrade, using the same sensor found in the Steelseries Rival.

Thanks Toby, is there anything different besides the dpi? I don't think I'll have a need for 7000 dpi.

Thanks Toby, is there anything different besides the dpi? I don't think I'll have a need for 7000 dpi.

The Naos 3200 has prediction (and the 7000 doesn't). If you don't already know what that is, then you probably won't care about it.

Prediction basically means whenever you're drawing an almost-straight-line left/right or up/down, your mouse will decide you're trying to draw a straight line and stop your mouse from deviating. It can make miniscule adjustments on the vertical/horizontal plane troublesome at times, but it's a subtle effect, to the point that you probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't told you it was there.

I've owned the Mionix Naos 3200 so I'll tell you my experience with it. It was a great mouse while it worked, it's not to say it'll crap out on you immediately. In my experience all mice eventually die with enough use and I use my mice heavily.

What I loved about it was the size. I have relatively larger hands compared to most so it fit me perfectly, even allowed me to use my claw style grip on it. It's an optical mouse which is my preferred sensor.

What I didn't love was the mouse scroll wheel. It wasn't absolutely terrible, but it had days where it would squeak. And while that wasn't a deal breaker, it was still a minor annoyance. Though it's possible that it was specifically just my scroll wheel and I could have been a DIY'er and open up the mouse and added some lubrication to it, but I'm not so I didn't.

Thanks for everyone's input, hopefully I'll have a chance to go to ncix or canada computers tomorrow to pick it up. Cheers.

Received the Naos in the mail yesterday. So far, it feels pretty good. It's a little bit on the larger side so it'll take some time to adjust from the Xornet, but overall I quite like it. I was hoping that I would be able to customize the colour of the LED but it's not that big of a deal. Again, thanks everyone for your input! :)