Best linix for amateur

Which would be the best Linux for a amateur gamer and a person with above average computer skills 

Some appreciate features:-

*Themes {flavores}

*Support for entry level nividia graphics{940mx}

*Works on a laptop 

Options right now are pop os & manjaro for linus's video

Well you labeled it yourself: Pop!_OS is (imo) best option. Nvidia graphics might be hard but Ik it is possible

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

LFS. (nah just kidding)

Try something like Ubuntu, Manjaro, Fedora, Linux Mint.

Here is what is wrong with ALL of these options:
Ubuntu: Easy, yes.... but OUT OF DATE software (use Pop!_OS)
Manjaro: Arch users suck >:( (just kidding, but Arch gets its reputation for being for the more tech-savvy (even tho it is still easy for beginners) you will want a guide where Debian/Ubuntu based distros are not as bad in this realm)
Fedora: I used 29 workstation, and it was my first distro and if it wasn't for me wanting to see what else is out there Linux was ruined for me on my first try. Idk if I did shit wrong, but everything was painful. Installing discord was horrible, the software compatibility for better use (like with Chrome especially) was god awful in my experience. Mileage may very but I recommend staying away
Linux Mint: Same issue with Ubuntu just less painful

LFS: Actually pretty good of an idea if you are tech-savvy enough to do it and you have the time, and the resources to make it possible it should work fine especially if you take time to make it better to run games. For most... not great, but a fun way to get your hands dirty

7 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

LFS. (nah just kidding)

Try something like Ubuntu, Manjaro, Fedora, Linux Mint. (ignoring the gaming part)

Not saying this is a bad post, just wanted to label things I experienced with these (yes I used all of them).

10 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

I successfully installed LFS on an older Pentium 4 laptop just to see if I could, but it takes a lot of command-line knowledge (even though the LFS book guides you through the install.)

Like I said, if you wanna get your hands dirty and willing to possibly break a lot of things (this is how I broke Ubuntu (by being retarded and deciding to uninstall bash to try to update it)) LFS is the way to go.

Ubuntu. Get the rolling release beta version if you don't want to be stuck with slightly outdated softwares. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Ubuntu. Get the rolling release beta version if you don't want to be stuck with slightly outdated softwares. 

The only problem with is is... uhhhh.... *looks at the guy telling me what to post* BRO WTF DO I SAY!!??
Him: uhhjh uhhh ummm.... IDK ABORT

:)