DDC res top with rear in

Hi all, I'm a bit stumped at the moment, I'm planning a custom loop but it doesnt allow for the input and output to be on the same side of the pump top, ideally I want a res top combo with an in on one side and an out on the opposite side. I thoguht I'd found the perferct item in the EK-XRES 100 however the current v2 no longer has the in port on the rear. I've been trawling through lots of websites but so far not come up with anything. To make matters more dificult it needs to be less than 70mm wide/deep...

4 hours ago, Freebo said:

Hi all, I'm a bit stumped at the moment, I'm planning a custom loop but it doesnt allow for the input and output to be on the same side of the pump top, ideally I want a res top combo with an in on one side and an out on the opposite side. I thoguht I'd found the perferct item in the EK-XRES 100 however the current v2 no longer has the in port on the rear. I've been trawling through lots of websites but so far not come up with anything. To make matters more dificult it needs to be less than 70mm wide/deep...

This from XSPC should fit those requirements:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-premium-laing-ddc-acetal-top-multiport.html#!prettyPhoto

ddc-acetal-4.jpg

10 hours ago, W-L said:

This unfortunately does have a res built in. The best I can come up with is a small res with the in and out on the bottom to put above a pump with a top in port but isn’t really what I want :(

On 5/5/2019 at 11:46 AM, Freebo said:

This unfortunately does have a res built in. The best I can come up with is a small res with the in and out on the bottom to put above a pump with a top in port but isn’t really what I want :(

So you do or you don't want the res built in?

16 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

huh, thats interesting, I only looked at the one that includes a pump and the pictures dont seem to show it and the technical documents dont show a rear connector unlike the same document for the V1. I will do some more research to confirm but if that's the case I think I've found what i want :D

1 hour ago, Freebo said:

huh, thats interesting, I only looked at the one that includes a pump and the pictures dont seem to show it and the technical documents dont show a rear connector unlike the same document for the V1. I will do some more research to confirm but if that's the case I think I've found what i want :D

It comes with two g1/4 caps which supports this assumption but it would be nice if they either specified exactly how many inlet and outlet ports this top had. A 3d model of it would also be nice.

Singularity computers should have one that works. Just comes at a price but that’s what you should expect having something properly designed 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

It comes with two g1/4 caps which supports this assumption but it would be nice if they either specified exactly how many inlet and outlet ports this top had. A 3d model of it would also be nice.

Yea, I see that now in the description, here is what the rev1 document shows:

X-ResV1.JPG.1547eac6a1544a2287c995bbc6858265.JPG

and this is what the newer rev2 documentation shows:

X-ResV2.JPG.65d339cb48adf9ac396c38c1ce0a6e16.JPG

Usually you'd think documentation would improve not get worse....

20 hours ago, Freebo said:

Yea, I see that now in the description, here is what the rev1 document shows:

X-ResV1.JPG.1547eac6a1544a2287c995bbc6858265.JPG

and this is what the newer rev2 documentation shows:

X-ResV2.JPG.65d339cb48adf9ac396c38c1ce0a6e16.JPG

Usually you'd think documentation would improve not get worse....

Based on the picture of the rev 2 it looks like the picture it looks like EK is showing pictures of the v1 on their website then... The v2 looks kind of like the spc60 pump res combo I have but that doesn't have the g1/4 port on the top. Do you know if they discontinued the v2 or something? Or have it rebranded under vector or something stupid? You would hope people would get better over time with articulating their product design but ?‍♂️.

1 hour ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Based on the picture of the rev 2 it looks like the picture it looks like EK is showing pictures of the v1 on their website then... The v2 looks kind of like the spc60 pump res combo I have but that doesn't have the g1/4 port on the top. Do you know if they discontinued the v2 or something? Or have it rebranded under vector or something stupid? You would hope people would get better over time with articulating their product design but ?‍♂️.

I've sent EK a technical question via their support question specifically about EK-XRES 100 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite (incl. pump) EAN: 3831109843123. Will post what they come back with. Seems the new documentation tries to cover several top/res combos rather than one for each version.

Well here's the official response:

EKRes.JPG.43ee4d11a9066723f3507cf543a2aca6.JPG

Cheers everyone for the help.