Low budget Ryzen

iwi

Hello, im from Czech Republic and im plannig to upgrade my old  PC for some gaming, World of Warcraft, Assasin Creed....

Current HW

MB: Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3

CPU: Core i5-2500

RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

Storage: 240GB SSD Patriot Burst

VGA: Gigabyte GeForce 650Ti 2GB

PSU: 350W Fortron

Case: some old dont know excatly

2x LCD LG 22" 1680*1050 (will be upgraded soon to 2x24" FHD)

My plan is to keep SSD, VGA for some time, before i save some more money for better VGA and bigger M.2 SSD

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $164.39 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $109.89 @ OutletPC
Memory ADATA - XPG SPECTRIX D41 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $96.99 @ Amazon
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox E500L ATX Mid Tower Case  
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $391.27
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $371.27
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-03 10:12 EDT-0400  

For PSU i have looked for FSP Hydro GE550W

http://www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/HydroGE550W.html

Or any adwises?

Thank you

PSU i would probably say get a Whisper/Formula, PP11/10, TXm, RMx, for like 550W is enough with any of those, or CX 2017 for less. even 450W on whisper/formula is more than enough

I would consider keeping the cpu for the time being and just get a new gpu and maybe a new psu. 

A 2500, even a non k might still give you good framerates with a rx 580 up to a vega 56/64 or 2060. A 2060 is probably a bit bottleneck, but you are not aiming for 240 fps in csgo. High or ultra details above 60 fps in 1080p with current titles is probably possible with a 2500 + 2060 (or used 1070). Someone with a similar setup might want to verify this, I am just speaking out of my gut when I am saying the 2500 won't be that much of a bottleneck. 

Also Vega pricing has come down a significant amount. 

Just a new cpu won't give you the performance increase in games you are looking for. 

Also ryzen 3rd Gen is around the corner. Even if they don't disrupt the market they will for sure bring pricing down. 

40 minutes ago, Manderis said:

A 2500, even a non k might still give you good framerates with a rx 580 up to a vega 56/64 or 2060. A 2060 is probably a bit bottleneck, but you are not aiming for 240 fps in csgo. High or ultra details above 60 fps in 1080p with current titles is probably possible with a 2500 + 2060 (or used 1070). Someone with a similar setup might want to verify this, I am just speaking out of my gut when I am saying the 2500 won't be that much of a bottleneck. 

Well... First of all you're jumbling info. The Vega 56 is directly comparable to a 2060, so if the 2060 bottlenecks, so should the 56. So should the 1070. The Vega 64 is closely relatable to a 2070...

A non OCed 2nd gen Intel definitely needs an upgrade. If the OP wants to wait til 3rd gen ryzen, they can certainly get by until then, but I wouldn't suggest keeping that.

2 hours ago, iwi said:

My plan is to keep SSD, VGA for some time, before i save some more money for better VGA and bigger M.2 SSD

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Memory ADATA - XPG SPECTRIX D41 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $96.99 @ Amazon
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $371.27

Let's find you a way to replace that old card. It's long overdue!

I can't speak to the Czech market, but with the 2600 current pricing trends, I'd either bump up to the 2600X for only $15 more, or grab a 1600 for $50-60 less.

The Tomahawk is a GREAT board. If you plan to overclock, I'd keep it. If not, you may grab a Pro 4 for a hefty savings, which offers a lot of the same features, and could still OC in the future. Potentially big savings.

Memory is memory. Just stick to the Ryzen rules: Dual channel at 3000-3200mhz. 16GB is great for gaming.

As for the PSU... I'd stick to a trusted branding. Here is a great PSU resource! (Stay tier B or higher.) What were you looking at paying for that, out of curiosity? (see what I can find comparably.)

I'll attach a build idea in a sec.

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $119.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $75.61 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $80.98 @ Newegg
Video Card ASRock - Radeon RX 570 8 GB Phantom Gaming D Video Card $139.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox E500L ATX Mid Tower Case $0.00
  Total (before mail-in rebates) $436.47
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $416.47
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-03 12:33 EDT-0400  

Stepping slightly down (only really a little bit) to the 1600 freed up a lot of budget, as did the move to the MATX Pro4. I found a decently priced RAM set (a bit better quality than the ADATA option as well.) 

That said, with the applied changes, I added an RX 570 8GB model. The pricing on these is a bit tough for me currently, as the 580 is only about $30 more and the 590 another $30 on top of that. So if the budget allowed, I'd grab something like this. It provides a MASSIVE step forward from your GTX 650, and frankly should be good for 1440p-1080p for a number of years. Especially for the type who like to wait a while to upgrade and ride out their gear.

That said with a reasonably beefy budget GPU, you're at $486, and good to ride it for another while.

23 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Well... First of all you're jumbling info. The Vega 56 is directly comparable to a 2060, so if the 2060 bottlenecks, so should the 56. So should the 1070. The Vega 64 is closely relatable to a 2070...

A non OCed 2nd gen Intel definitely needs an upgrade. If the OP wants to wait til 3rd gen ryzen, they can certainly get by until then, but I wouldn't suggest keeping that.

I know that there is a vast performance difference between those cards. 

But we are working with a 370 € budget if I am not wrong. 

All I am saying is he will get more out of his money in terms of gaming experience if he spends it on gpu and not on a new platform. 

And a non oced R5 1600 is honestly just a minor upgrade over a non oced 2500 (~25%, I know user benchmark is not real life performance). Sure if you oc the ryzen (with a decent aftermarket cooler) you get more out of it and DDR4 vs DDR3, 2 more cores, smt will go a long way. 

But just to max out the budget comparing a Vega 56 (some currently under 300 €) with a 650 ti we habe a massiv increase in gaming performance. Not double more like quadruple the gaming performance. If it gets throttled by a bit (let's say 30%) we still get a way better gaming performance. 

The 70 € you have left can go into a decent 500 W psu. 

You can always go to a lower tier gpu better matched to a 2500 to save some money. 

So my recommendation for the op:

Get a new gpu now

And save up some money for a new platform to buy later that year, probably Ryzen 3rd Gen if Intel does not surprise us. 

2 hours ago, iwi said:
PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
  Mail-in rebates -$20.00
  Total $371.27

For PSU i have looked for FSP Hydro GE550W

http://www.fsplifestyle.com/en/product/HydroGE550W.html

The PCpp list is in USD but what markets will you be buying from? If it's local shops, price comparison will be hard.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

29 minutes ago, Manderis said:

I know that there is a vast performance difference between those cards. 

But we are working with a 370 € budget if I am not wrong. 

All I am saying is he will get more out of his money in terms of gaming experience if he spends it on gpu and not on a new platform. 

And a non oced R5 1600 is honestly just a minor upgrade over a non oced 2500 (~25%, I know user benchmark is not real life performance). Sure if you oc the ryzen (with a decent aftermarket cooler) you get more out of it and DDR4 vs DDR3, 2 more cores, smt will go a long way. 

But just to max out the budget comparing a Vega 56 (some currently under 300 €) with a 650 ti we habe a massiv increase in gaming performance. Not double more like quadruple the gaming performance. If it gets throttled by a bit (let's say 30%) we still get a way better gaming performance. 

The 70 € you have left can go into a decent 500 W psu. 

You can always go to a lower tier gpu better matched to a 2500 to save some money. 

So my recommendation for the op:

Get a new gpu now

And save up some money for a new platform to buy later that year, probably Ryzen 3rd Gen if Intel does not surprise us. 

I disagree. This may work for those who plan to have upgrade money a year from now to put back into a system, but for those of us who expect gear to last 5 years (as OP's former gear has) a system update is key. The 2500 won't give another five years. A new CPU will.

If the OP doesn't plan to spend $370 for a system update and another $300 on a GPU, then I'm pointing out that for $480 (only 110 more than his initial idea) he's got the whole package. The 590 will give plenty of longevity at 1080p gaming. The 56 would too.

The Vega 64 is only a step up from the 590 at 1080p... So I don't see the point of splitting into a now and later budget, when an all now and not much more could easily put him in a similar machine.

Thank all of you, the market is hard by us, by simple currency change is 400 US dollars of whole PC price only VGA and MB so that is that.

Is this better?

15 minutes ago, iwi said:

Thank all of you, the market is hard by us, by simple currency change is 400 US dollars of whole PC price only VGA and MB so that is that.

Is this better?

Solid enough! There are still Gold+ PSU's I'd go for over that out here, but idk what pricing looks like out there.

24 minutes ago, iwi said:

Thank all of you, the market is hard by us, by simple currency change is 400 US dollars of whole PC price only VGA and MB so that is that

The straight power 11 is solid, good choices all around for that parts list.

Also, if you want people to see your responses, make sure to quote or @ them

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The straight power 11 is solid, good choices all around for that parts list.

I don't disagree, but I wouldn't pay $105 for it if the market is remotely comparable for him. 

If pricing is similar, definitely grab the straight power over the Focus Plus gold. Even in Europe I see a lot of good deals on the BitFenix Gold 550, which is similarly solid to the Straight Power 11. Corsair RMx would be equally desirable.

At a large savings, the Focus Plus Gold isn't a bad buy either.

I guess I'm just speaking in terms of price to performance value. Wanna find a middle ground.