Good day guys

Here again asking for something on a tight budget. I want a old laptop with a GPU for under $750.00. Doesn't need to be new at all and it sure as f$ck won't be at that price.

IF at all possible just some name recommendations on what i can have. Going to buy locally here in South Africa but hope I can get something. will of course upgrade where possible if possible with ram and SSD. But a reasonable GPU would be awesome. 

Thanks

Vincent

Which currency?

Depending on that, you may be able to find an Acer Aspire with an MX150 and a 250GB SSD.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Which currency?

Depending on that, you may be able to find an Acer Aspire with an MX150 and a 250GB SSD.

Well in Rand here in South Africa but put $ there so more people could understand.

Any links of online stores? Budget in your country currency?

Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any links of online stores? Budget in your country currency?

Usage? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Well go to google type: evetech, wootware, pc express and pc link shop. But the thing is I have looked and those are all on the expensive side. and I don't really want new they will be second hand I found this in market place: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/355612621728964/ and it looks pretty good. I want one with a dedicated grahpcs better than the integrated. about R3000 would be a good place to be. No weight or bat life as such since i am 80% of the time at a plug and not really to much worried about weight.

Main apps would be, Chief architect x11, autocad, revit and such.

main games would be GTA 4 and 5, cs, crysis, gran tourismo, wwz and such mainly car and fps games and some tycoon games like coaster tycoon. I don't need 8K resolution at 500fps. playable would be fine at a reasonable resolution. 

Thanks for any help.

For that budget you might want to go used. 960M or even 950M would be a good GPU to start with

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I’ve been thinking it would be time to sell my Cyberpower Fangbook but since you’re in Africa, I wouldn’t be able to get it to ya.

What options do you have over there btw?

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, RoseLuck462 said:

I’ve been thinking it would be time to sell my Cyberpower Fangbook but since you’re in Africa, I wouldn’t be able to get it to ya.

What options do you have over there btw?

Hey

Sorry for the super late reply didm't check the forum and have been having internet problems lately. 

But anyway. The best I could find on Marketplace was a Dell with a I5 of some flavour and radeon 2Gig graphics second hand. for about R4500. Thats about USD312.00.It was sold but looking for aomething similar only problem is I can only buy in a few months time when I get payed out. Been looking at the Cyberpower https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Fangbook-4-KLX7-Gaming-Laptop and you won't let it go for about $350 anyways. since its over a thousand. Yours is probablty not a 2019 model but its still a high spec model my dream laptop this is. 

Anyway looking for something with dedicated graphics and 15.6 inch or up screen hdd of course upgradeble ram to about 12 or 16 gigs if not already there. But haven't found anything really there. Been looking on mostly looking at marketplace, olx, junkmail and gumtree.

Thanks though.