For a friend

Ok so not normally the price range that I would prefer haha, but the buget is 800AUD and preferably from the same supplier as then can save on shipping costs even if some are a little bit more expensive

- so this is what i have so far - 

the price could be lowered further by going to 8gb of ram but that would be bad, or removal of a storage device 

this is what i was shown as the one he was looking at

image.png.ebdb20ea7f43b47c6bde859226bba9c0.png

and IMO the stock cpu cooler and thermal paste should provide efficent cooling for an i3/i5, and the onboard sound should be good enough rather than spending $53 on a soundcard. i don't know much about AMD and i know the onboard graphics is quite good but dont know if it would be better than an i3 and 1050 without increasing the Ram (not sure but welcome to changes)

1 minute ago, Shnitzil said:

U should this stuff

all under $700

is 8Gb of ram enough though?

4 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

is 8Gb of ram enough though?

I think most modern games, yes

for stuff like tomb rader, no.

I assume the budget is 750. So I tried my best to keep it within that while keeping it reasonable. Was difficult but here we are:

I tried to get a 6 core in there but it was too tough without compromising big on the other components. I also wanted to make sure the gpu had more than 4gb vram, so that 570 was the cheapest 8gb gpu I could find. Motherboard, Case aren't great but they get the job done. I Ideally wanted to have 16gb ram in there but again that proved difficult unless I went to an APU instead.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($138.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($120.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($62.70 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.00 @ PC Byte) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 570 4 GB Gaming 4G  Video Card  ($199.00 @ JW Computers) 
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($49.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link - TL-WN881ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter  ($17.00 @ Device Deal) 
Total: $739.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-02 00:08 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

9 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

I tried to get a 6 core in there but it was too tough without compromising big on the other components

This. **** me the Australians really do pay a pretty penny for their power supplies.

AUD190 for a MWE Gold 650W? Jesus christ, its like a USD85 item in the US and only about USD95 in my country.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

19 minutes ago, BigRom said:

This. **** me the Australians really do pay a pretty penny for their power supplies.

AUD190 for a MWE Gold 650W? Jesus christ, its like a USD75 item in the US and only about USD95 in my country.

yeah, it does mean that when i say i am going to spend $4000 on a pc and everyone responds with these kick ass machines and i go that isn't gonna work haha 

hopefully i will get this ordered in the next few weeks (hopefully in the next week)

- it comes to $4233 but i am ordering some other stuff i could not find on PC part picker 

which should beat my current computer with ease (no perfect, but quite identical)

Might still get rid of an 8TB HDD and move to a 2080

Quick question here, if you want to reduce the cost of the build and you're in Australia, why not us places like Gumtree, FB Marketplace, and Australian HW swap (on reddit) to find much better parts at a cheaper cost? 

I'm sure that with $800AUD you could get a much better cpu than a i3-8100. 

8 hours ago, WickedStarfish said:

would going something like this be better? 

image.png.7d37338e2cbb8260f27d60f507adf18a.png

Yikes. those prices are high...

7 hours ago, BigRom said:

AUD190 for a MWE Gold 650W? Jesus christ, its like a USD85 item in the US and only about USD95 in my country.

Agreed...

To OP, do you ever watch TechYEScity?

He's an Aussie youtuber who goes hard on used builds out there. (Very informative, no bullshit video format too.)

He makes the market sound very hopeful, so maybe see what he's got for you!

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

You're getting a AU$4000 PC. Why would you cheap out on the PSU so much? 

is there a better PSU that i should be looking at, i thought the CXM 750W was ok?

1 hour ago, WickedStarfish said:

is there a better PSU that i should be looking at, i thought the CXM 750W was ok?

it's a decent PSU, but when you have 4K to spend then you should be getting a better PSU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($807.30 @ Newegg Australia) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks - PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($314.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2933 Memory  ($321.20 @ Newegg Australia) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($199.00 @ JW Computers) 
Storage: Seagate - IronWolf 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($326.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Seagate - IronWolf 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($326.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($748.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Silverstone - Primera RGB (Matte Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.00 @ PC Byte) 
Total: $3448.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-02 12:17 AEST+1000

11 hours ago, trevb0t said:

Wait, when did this jump from 800 to 4000?

when someone was talking about australian prices so i was showing the build i am looking at and how overpriced it is

8 hours ago, WickedStarfish said:

when someone was talking about australian prices so i was showing the build i am looking at and how overpriced it is

Oh okay, I saw that. I just didn't take it to mean that the budget had actually jumped that high!