New pc build with RTX 2060 ?

dravemel0n

so i made a post yesterday asking about some budget parts and people were mad about me picking up a bad motherboard because of the budget of the build,but now i might get my hands on some money by next week so i wanted to ask you guys for your opinion on my build :

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/wjFRcY

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£172.98 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£106.55 @ Box Limited)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£87.18 @ Aria PC)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£53.45 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£53.59 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS OC Video Card  (£324.98 @ Box Limited)
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£50.37 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: EVGA - 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (£40.47 @ Scan.co.uk)
Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  (£199.49 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £1089.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-30 16:36 BST+0100

(side note : i think about buying the founders edition RTX 2060 from nvidia directly and not a msi one)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

the PSU is crappy, get a 550w coolermaster masterwatt instead. i'd get the X370 Pro if you can find out that it's updated to support zen+ CPUs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

And instead. of a x370 pro do a x470 pro. I have one and it works really well

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£134.99 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£80.46 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£75.99 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£49.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Toshiba - P300 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£46.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card  (£420.79 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£50.37 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£53.53 @ CCL Computers) 
Monitor: AOC - C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  (£179.46 @ Box Limited) 
Total: £1092.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-30 16:59 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Shnitzil said:

also again i probably wont,its like 50 pounds more expensive.

It may be a little more expensive but i have gotten one for $403 

1 minute ago, dravemel0n said:

also again i probably wont,its like 50 pounds more expensive.

The x470 pro is worth it though. He is not on a budget build anymore 

2060 can't compete when there's vega 56 at £260. The vega cards are just getting better and better. That price is absolutely insane and it's a decent cooler design too. By saving that money we can put it into a 1tb ssd instead of ssd + hdd, and change the psu to something far higher quality. And it ends up nearly £100 cheaper too. Pretty much the same performance as the build you did at the top of the thread, but far cheaper, more vram and a higher capacity ssd.

6 minutes ago, Shnitzil said:

i only mentioned the X370 pro because it was at the price of decent B450 boards while having much better VRMs.

Just now, Shnitzil said:

The x470 pro is worth it though. He is not on a budget build anymore 

i am still on a budget,a bigger one but i still need that 50 pounds.

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

i only mentioned the X370 pro because it was at the price of decent B450 boards while having much better VRMs.

You guys aren’t saying why he should upgrade to it, just that he should. If he only wants to overclock and run one GPU he will be just fine on B450.

Just now, MeatFeastMan said:

2060 can't compete when there's vega 56 at £260. The vega cards are just getting better and better. That price is absolutely insane and it's a decent cooler design too. By saving that money we can put it into a 1tb ssd instead of ssd + hdd, and change the psu to something far higher quality. And it ends up nearly £100 cheaper too. Pretty much the same performance as the build you did at the top of the thread, but far cheaper, more vram and a higher capacity ssd.

yeah im not really intrested in amd gpu's.but thanks.

Just now, Sorenson said:

You guys aren’t saying why he should upgrade to it, just that he should. If he only wants to overclock and run one GPU he will be just fine on B450.

well yeah i wont really overclock anything

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

it's cheaper than the B450-F while having much better VRMs, so it can sustain better OCs and better handle the higher-end Zen 2 CPUs.

4 minutes ago, Shnitzil said:

It may be a little more expensive but i have gotten one for $403 

again,there is a 70 pound diffrence between an rtx 2060 and a gtx 1080.less than 10 percent of efficiency too so yeah,im good with a rtx.

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

it's cheaper than the B450-F while having much better VRMs, so it can sustain better OCs and better handle the higher-end Zen 2 CPUs.

im not gonna OC at all so is it needed?

6 minutes ago, dravemel0n said:

yeah im not really intrested in amd gpu's.but thanks.

Who is brainwashing you? I'd love to know. So many people come on here saying they don't want AMD. Why? What is wrong with AMD cards?

Vega 56 is cheaper, performs a tiny bit worse, has more vram...what's not to like? Not to mention the pulse is a far better cooler design than that Ventus will ever be.

A few dollars a month more on your electricity bill isn't going to hurt, and it probably isn't even that. The power consumption is nothing to worry about.

You trust AMD with their cpu's so why not trust them with gpu's as well?

7 minutes ago, dravemel0n said:

m not really intrested in amd gpu's

Why?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, dravemel0n said:

im not gonna OC at all so is it needed?

it's not necessary but great to have just in case you do end up overclocking in the future, and it'll be much less likely to throttle a higher-end zen 2 CPU in the future. and most of the other decent boards aren't that much cheaper than it.

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Why?

i know that they have a better value and they are really efficent.i just dont like em.

14 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Who is brainwashing you? I'd love to know. So many people come on here saying they don't want AMD. Why? What is wrong with AMD cards?

Vega 56 is cheaper, performs a tiny bit worse, has more vram...what's not to like? Not to mention the pulse is a far better cooler design than that Ventus will ever be.

A few dollars a month more on your electricity bill isn't going to hurt, and it probably isn't even that. The power consumption is nothing to worry about.

You trust AMD with their cpu's so why not trust them with gpu's as well?

i know they are better.i just dont like em.