1200 AUD laptop for school

Hello, as the title says im looking for a 1200$ AUD laptop primarily for school, i want it to be able to handle all that my course requires, so since i do a bit of programming and animation on a side if it could handle the lot thats all i need.

Some specs id like is:

CPU: 8th gen i5

RAM: 8gb

STORAGE: 256GB SSD

anything that exceeds these expectations would be greatly received, ive been trying to research my own laptop but have had troubles, i found a lot of dell computers (listed below) that suits my needs but it seems the reviews on such vary widely and since i want a minimum of 5hours battery life some of them werent too apealing.

If anyone can chime in with a laptop they might suggest that meets these requirements i'd be greatly appreciative.

I'd prefer a somewhat bright screen that i can use outdoors, but i understand at this price point not really expecting a massive deal. And weight doesnt bother me but as for aesthetics i'd like it to be slim and stylish, its weight does not bother me.

Thanks all!!

https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-14-5000-2-in-1/spd/inspiron-14-5482-2-in-1-laptop/b510902au

This one is a 2in1 that matches all my criteria.

https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-laptops/inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5570-laptop/b510561au

this is the inspiron model, not a big fan of the aesthetics but got 16gb of ram and 8th gen i7 processor all in my range

https://www.dell.com/en-au/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/vostro-14-5471-laptop/b541246au

vostro model, i7 processor and checks every other box.

I understand to respond to this is a fair chunk of your time, but im incredibly overwhelmed with all the choices and any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Any preference on display size? Mind non-upgradable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

13 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Any preference on display size? Mind non-upgradable RAM?

not really and preference on display size, and nah non-upgradable rams fine, with that being said i would like this laptop to last me 5ish years.

*Lenovo Thinkpad L380 Yoga 20M70011AU

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 13 81BV0072AU - bright display but glossy, non-upgradable RAM

*apply student discount

Any links of online stores? I only searched through official stores

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128