FREE Games of the Day #5 April 28th, 2019

Paul Rudd

Game #1 Survivor is a FREE game released to Steam 6 DAYS AGO, April 22nd, 2019 and has 40 Mostly Positive reviews.

Developed by Reija Merilainen, it's a first-person 3D adventure game originally made for the ARS17 exhibition in the Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art, Helsinki. It takes place in an empty museum where you are put into a tribe of ten and told to vote each other out one by one until there is only one left. Your goal is to be that sole survivor. It's a bit weird and captivating reimagining of reality TV which both sucks you into the drama and critiques it at the same time.

Game #2 Call to Arms is a FREE game released to Steam ONE YEAR AGO, April 27th, 2018 and has 7,949 Mostly Positive reviews.

Developed by Digitalmindsoft, it's an innovative mix of real-time strategy with 3rd, as well as 1st person controls. Set in the time of modern warfare, it offers realistically modeled vehicles and heavy weaponry, as well as dozens of firearms and customizations. Command your troops to victory or fight by yourself. Conquer rural areas, factories, railway stations and towns during intense missions and use the environment to your advantage. Cover is everywhere, and almost everything can be destroyed. An unseen amount of challenges are awaiting you in exciting, yet competitive online combat supported by Steamworks.

You control several dozen units and place your squads in cover, flank your enemies and support your allies while advancing to the next key objective. Plant claymores, fortifiy FOBs, or set up mortar positions. There is an endless amount of options to choose in the RTS mode of Call to Arms. Not only can you defeat your enemies as a commander, but also by taking over any of your individual soldiers. Take over one of your vehicles at any time and join the heat of combat during intense tank warfare. You have the ability to control every single unit to the last bit, including the type of ammunition you can use to take out enemy targets. If you need that little bit of extra fire power, then hop into a helicopter and support your allies in online matches with some serious air support that leaves no room for escape.

Game #3 Seek Or Die is a FREE game ALSO released to Steam ONE YEAR AGO, April 27th, 2018 and has 113 Mostly Positive reviews.

Developed by Flashynurav, it's a horror game that combines old school horror elements with new and interesting game mechanics for a frightful adventure. Do not play if you have a weak heart. The premise is simple, you are a private investigator hired to look for evidence for a missing children case in the manor off the road. Once you enter, the door locks behind you. Find a way to escape the manor, or die trying. The spirits of the manor want to play a game. A jack in the box will appear randomly around the house and you must find it before its music stops playing, or else. A dark figure also roams the halls, avoid it at all costs. There are two safe-houses where the dark figure cannot reach you, but if you are in one and the jack in the box's music stops, you will die. In the safe-houses, a camera system is present and you can use it to check where the jack in the box or spirit is at any time. If you survive until 3:00, you may have a chance to escape.

Game #4 Zero-K is a FREE game ALSO released to Steam ONE YEAR AGO, April 27th, 2018 and has 961 Mostly Positive reviews.

Developed by Zero-K Team, it's an RTS game set near the end of the universe. Manipulate the terrain, set things on fire, fight epic battles over land, air and sea. Conquer the galaxy, solo or co-op, in over 70 campaign missions. Hop online for tense 1v1 or massive battles with up to 32 players. Construct giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas. Move mountains if needed. Bury the enemy at all cost. It's traditional RTS with physically simulated units and projectiles. It has 100+ varied units with abilities including terrain manipulation, cloaking and jumpjets. It has challenging, (non-cheating) skirmish AI and survival mode. There are no paid advantages and no unfair multiplayer.

You get to use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles. You get to hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar. You get to toss units across the map with gravity guns. You get to transport a battleship to a hilltop for greater views and gun range. The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield. You can wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks. You can dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike. You can build ramps, bridges and an entire fortress if you wish. You can burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel. You can do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control. You can paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation. Construction priorities let your builders work more efficiently. If you don't want to be tied down managing every unit movement, just order units to smartly kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.

The game is a long term project and it shows. Millions of hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content. Learn to use all of the 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps. Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh. Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.

Game #5 Overclocked The Aclockalypse is a FREE game ALSO released to Steam ONE YEAR AGO, April 27th, 2018 and has 38 Mostly Positive reviews.

Developed by Timewind LLC, it's a roguelike bullet hell game following The Keeper’s time-twisting battle to reclaim The Eternal Sands from Greenwich and her clockwork army. For eternity The Keeper has used the power of The Eternal Sands to preserve the chronological order and ensure time is allowed to flow freely, but after countless epochs Greenwich the Mean Time-Witch has grown weary of merely keeping the infinite history of creation. She's stolen The Eternal Sands and used its power to construct a clockwork army that now threatens to destroy time itself.

Use The Keeper's ability to slow time to weave through impossible waves of cogs, then blast them with timesand to tock some sense into those ticked off timepieces. It has procedurally generated dungeon floors that ensure each playthrough is unique. It has intense boss battles to challenge your control of time and several enemy types with tons of possible attack behaviors. You also have an arsenal of time-twisting abilities.

Bonus Game #6 Khimera DAM Girls is a FREE game released to Steam OVER 3 YEARS AGO, April 15th, 2016 and has 992 Overwhelmingly Positive reviews.

Developed by Suits & Sandals, is a monster girl pixel graphic beat-em-up platformer with a great soundtrack. It's part human, part oni, part golem and part harpy. The list goes on and on. Born in a lab, Chelshia the chimera is the world's first synthetic monster girl. When her monster inhabited island home is threatened by a band of looting pirates, she springs into action to save the day. Use a GIANT STONE FIST technology to punch your way through hordes of monster-pirates to reclaim your home's stolen treasure. Find upgrades, collect collectibles and solve problems with your fists. Play the game at your own pace in story mode or go for the best time in a marathon-style race mode. There's 24 achievements, a race mode that lets you compete for the best time against the community and full controllers support.

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you should make like a own big topic of posts you made so far and future posts

How? Why?

4 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

How? Why?

like one big topic of free games pinned in the hot deals

I'm in for that

22 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

like one big topic of free games pinned in the hot deals. I'm in for that.

Why though? Then I'd have to constantly edit it. Not really into that. It might work but right now I prefer doing it topic to topic so I can grow to #365. Like a comic book collection, but a free game series.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Why though? Then I'd have to constantly edit it. Not really into that. It might work but right now I prefer doing it topic to topic so I can grow to #365. Like a comic book collection, but a free game series.

well... your choice i guess

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well... your choice i guess

I've actually thought of doing it as one gigantic topic several times. I think the main reason I don't is because if no one comments onto one topic, it gets buried to page 2 of the hot deals section which in turn would not be seen/found as easily. So not only would I have to keep editing and updating one topic, I'd also have to keep commenting on it to bring it back to the top and I don't wanna do that. Creating topic after topic puts it right at the top every time and keeps the hot deals section hot.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

I've actually thought of doing it as one gigantic topic several times. I think the main reason I don't is because if no one comments onto one topic, it gets buried to page 2 of the hot deals section which in turn would not be seen/found as easily. So not only would I have to keep editing and updating one topic, I'd also have to keep commenting on it to bring it back to the top and I don't wanna do that. Creating topic after topic puts it right at the top every time and keeps the hot deals section hot.

i mean... i might be able to get you in contact with the mods team to pin it... that would already solve one of the problems. 

and I'm happy to help with it too

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i mean... i might be able to get you in contact with the mods team to pin it... that would already solve one of the problems. and I'm happy to help with it too

Thanks but that won't be necessary. I'm gonna just continue to do it like a comic book series.

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

Thanks but that won't be necessary. I'm gonna just continue to do it like a comic book series.

all right then

good luck with it!