[Help] Back up drivers and fresh install

SeigiroSpica

Hello,this is my first post so I hope that I'm posting it in the right place.

I want to back up the drivers of an old netbook that the goverment gave us students here (a Nobelx NT1010E)

The Netbook has windows 7 32 bits and a partition of ubuntu that I never used. A Intel Atom N2600 and 2gb RAM, That I want to upgrade to 4. Idk if I can add it more.

I thought about using DriverBackup 2! or DriverGuide Toolkit to back up all the drivers, since some of the drivers I don't whing I would be able to find online, like the touchpad, and others.

But I like to upgrade to windows 10 64 bits, since I read I could by getting 2gb more RAM.
Also since in LTT they said that Win 7 is diying, I thought that I should do it now, so I don't have to do it again.

Well, My question is, if I back up my drivers from W7 32 bits, Can I restore them in the fresh W10 64bits install without a problem?

Thank you very much for reading, sorry if my english is not the best, I hope you can help me or give me some advices or tips.

Intel Atom? 64bit? This may not work.

My suggestion is - leave everything as is. Is not worth to upgrade.

From Wikipedia:

All Atom processors implement the x86 instruction set; however, support for the AMD64 instruction set was not added until the desktop Diamondville and desktop and mobile Pineview cores. The Atom N2xx and Z5xx series Atom models cannot run x86-64 code. The Centerton server processors will support the Intel 64 instruction set.

And you have N2xxx serie.

20 hours ago, SeigiroSpica said:

Well, My question is, if I back up my drivers from W7 32 bits, Can I restore them in the fresh W10 64bits install without a problem?

No. If you're running a 64 bit OS you'll need 64 bit drivers.

But above all, it makes no sense to even upgrade to 4GB, as the processor is severely limited as to how much memory it can actually support:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/58916/intel-atom-processor-n2600-1m-cache-1-6-ghz.html

Ohhh, okay, thank you very much for helping me @TheDelphiDude and @homeap5
It seems that what I knew was wrong haha
Oh well

Thank you for the answer of the drivers, also!

Do you recommend to install Win 10 32bits still or should I stay in Win 7?

Stay with w7. Is not worth to waste of time installing new system.