Need Mentor for Data Science

Hey Everyone,

I am currently in my a sophomore in my sophomore and pursuing Computer Science and Engineering. As summer is approaching, i have a goal to learn Data Science and all related aspects and become proficient in Machine Learning and Data Science.

I know this might not be the right forum to discuss this but as a community, i see this place is filled with pretty talented people from all around the world.

So i am looking for someone who has experience working with data science and is willing to help me up to figure out a path which i can take to utilize my summer in the most efficient way.

Your suggestion are really welcome and would be of great help.

P.S. I already tried pretty hard to look it up online but everything is pretty scattered and all of them go in different ways as well.

P.P.S. I also want to develop my Data Structures and Algorithms, for which i regularly take part in competitive programming contests as well.

Just now, James Evens said:

Everything is scattered because there is not the one data science. It just describe a very general approach on how to get meaning full knowledge out of data.

I understand that, but i just want to know first about what all things are there that i must learn and practice and what are the things that need to be avoided.

Basically, i need a better picture from someone who already have gone through all this.

At my school, students can earn a data science specialization which is mention on their  degree diploma by completing 4 courses which are

1) intro to data science

2) artificial intelligence

3) machine learning

4) statistical methods for data science

And two more electives of your choosing picked from the fields of robotics, computer visions, and whatnots. 

So I guess get some books on topics listed from 1-4.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

39 minutes ago, wasab said:

At my school, students can earn a data science specialization which is mention on their  degree diploma by completing 4 courses which are

1) intro to data science

2) artificial intelligence

3) machine learning

4) statistical methods for data science

And two more electives of your choosing picked from the fields of robotics, computer visions, and whatnots. 

So I guess get some books on topics listed from 1-4.

Sure, that could be helpful.