Ryzen 7 2700x

ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

G.Skill 16GB TridentZ 3200

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Windows 10 Home x64

Ever since I built the PC I've been having this issue:

https://gyazo.com/5ff961d8d9fccf57af9606965ba9d866[/img]

https://gyazo.com/7f131c9d12b6ae450dc04d64c8265a7d[/img]

BIOS shows 16GB, but I noticed that where my CPU info is in the BIOS, it has a RAM amount of just over 8GB attached to it at the same speed as my RAM. I originally built this PC with G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2666 and had the same issue. The Ripjaws V isn't on the supported models list for the board, but the TridentZ set is. Both sticks of TridentZ show up as 8GB when installed individually. I have both sticks installed in the recommended DIMMs (A2 and B2). I've tried everything and nothing works. Please help.

I wrote this in a hurry so if you need extra info please ask.

I think this may apply,

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/07/21/3092070.aspx

its a bit old, TLDR (ripped off another website)

Hardware devices can reserve large blocks of physical address space... To see if a piece of hardware is reserving a large chunk of physical address space, launch "devmgmt.msc", select Resources by Connection in the View Menu, and expand the Memory node. (Mark's blog explains this further.)

perhaps try running memtest, and see if that can detect it.

9 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

It's being detected just fine.  Look closer at the first image (of task manager).  It shows 16GB total physical ram in the upper right of the graph and if you look below that, "Hardware reserved: 8.1 GB"

It's clearly being reserved by some piece of hardware, but that'll be it's own hunt to figure out what.  Is Samsung rapid mode trying to reserve some or is some bios setting awry?  Very odd but it's not the memory dimms fault from the looks of it.

@Hojunhu What's your paging file set to?  Seems like you have a lot of virtual RAM set if it's doing 25GB of real + virtual.

2 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

It's being detected just fine.  Look closer at the first image (of task manager).  It shows 16GB total physical ram in the upper right of the graph and if you look below that, "Hardware reserved: 8.1 GB"

It's clearly being reserved by some piece of hardware, but that'll be it's own hunt to figure out what.  Is Samsung rapid mode trying to reserve some or is some bios setting awry?  Very odd but it's not the memory dimms fault from the looks of it.

@Hojunhu What's your paging file set to?  Seems like you have a lot of virtual RAM set if it's doing 25GB of real + virtual.

Hardware devices can reserve large blocks of physical address space... To see if a piece of hardware is reserving a large chunk of physical address space, launch "devmgmt.msc", select Resources by Connection in the View Menu, and expand the Memory node. (Mark's blog explains this further.)

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

My bad, I didn't realize that memtest may be able to detect what's eating up the RAM.  Good to know that it's not just for finding faults.

1 hour ago, LogicWeasel said:

What's your paging file set to?  Seems like you have a lot of virtual RAM set if it's doing 25GB of real + virtual.

I have not messed with the paging file.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

I think this may apply,

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/07/21/3092070.aspx

its a bit old, TLDR (ripped off another website)

Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow and report back.