FloatPlane For Everyone

Nano Adam

I am asking if maybe I don't know, but can you go on FloatPlane and watch videos in the same time as they come out on YouTube. Like instead of paying for early access you can just watch the latest videos that are posted on YouTube. 

Thanks

The whole point of Floatplane is that you get early access to videos. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

why

other than being able to see videos before they release, some exclusives, and higher quality streams, there's not really any other features we floatplane subs get. Also, floatplane is missing some functions Youtube has, like subtitles and searching (although there's not much to search through, only 3 creators right now).

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

18 minutes ago, ammar_code said:

Like instead of paying for early access you can just watch the latest videos that are posted on YouTube. 

That would defeat the entire business model of Floatplane...

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

You are paying for early access, better quality, exclusive content, downloadatibility and no ads. If they would have free preview of just quality, they would need to include version with ads. Otherwise there would be no point of YT uploads.

They might do free preview at some point to bring in new users. To what extend that might be, we'll see.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Also there may come a point that Youtube further cracks down on what you want to post and Floatplane is the perfect answer to that. The cost of Float Plane is so cheap. I pay way more for all my other streaming video options.