Will This work out?

Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I understand. Thing is, GIGABYTE typically makes some quite bad shit. In this case it's an exception, but for example my GTX 950 could not overclock without being unstable. It was absolutely pushed to it's max (on under average clocks too). They also apparently have pretty bad warranty and RMA, and sometimes return faulty components from other RMAs from what I've heard.

Soo......... TL;DR you have had a bad experience or heard of someone and therefore everything they make is bad?

Except the Auros M is a really nice board and Gigabyte make really nice high end boards

@Shreshth Goyal

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  (₹8320.00 @ Amazon India) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (₹8156.00 @ Amazon India) 
Memory: Kingston - Savage 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (₹6498.00 @ Amazon India) 
Storage: Western Digital - Green  240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (₹2724.00 @ Amazon India) 
Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case  (₹3199.00 @ Amazon India) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (₹5199.00 @ Amazon India) 
Total: ₹34096.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-21 22:56 IST+0530

This would be the best build to go with and build upon, i would not suggest skimping like on the other builds damaging your future ability to upgrade the PC.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Resale value as an APU, something the 1200 doesnt have at all.

Yes but with yours he isn't selling that APU at that time. He's just adding the GPU.

Also why allways buy new? The gtx 1050ti and rx560 arent GPUs people should buy. A miningcard is something you can get eherywehere for quite cheap.

I'm fine with used. I just never assume used unless the user specifies such. Many people hate used, even if you try and convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Ram was garbage

Not garbage. Just not 3000MHz. 2133 won't make much of a difference, again, with a 1050 Ti. He's still going to be GPU bound.

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You're comparing personal experience to known failure rates. 

If you have any data on their Motherboard failure rates specifically, I'd be happy to take a look.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's okay we have your own 1 day experience that is credible enough.  ?  Hey, since you want to go off personal experience my MSI armor edition was overheating constantly and my MSI z97 board was DOA.  That's all we need to go off of.

I've built well over 100 PCs at this point and done FAR more upgrades, and I've dealt with hundreds or maybe even thousands of hardware combos in a professional capacity. I'm not just an enthusiast who's played with a few pieces of hardware. So yes, it does have some weight.

3 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Yes but with yours he isn't selling that APU at that time. He's just adding the GPU.

He can also upgrade the CPU if he wants. And the CPU sells quite nicely due to being an APU. Wont re-coup a lot, but way more than a r3 1200.

4 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

fine with used. I just never assume used unless the user specifies such. Many people hate used, even if you try and convince them otherwise

OP hasnt specified otherwise since he has gone and bought the abomination of a system you suggested. Meaning he wasted his cash. Also there are a lot better options on the way to entry level graphics.the 1050ti isnt good buy in india even.

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Not garbage. Just not 3000MHz. 2133 won't make much of a difference, again, with a 1050 Ti. He's still going to be GPU bound.

Just to save a little money, lowering the allready low resale value of the system. And its performance lost on the CPU meaning an upgrade is even more useless. And yes he will be GPU bound, because its not a GPU someone should buy.

You system build has been picked apart for what it is. Just learn untill next time so it wont end in someone wasting money

He can also upgrade the CPU if he wants. And the CPU sells quite nicely due to being an APU. Wont re-coup a lot, but way more than a r3 1200.

OP hasnt specified otherwise since he has gone and bought the abomination of a system you suggested. Meaning he wasted his cash. Also there are a lot better options on the way to entry level graphics.the 1050ti isnt good buy in india even.

Just to save a little money, lowering the allready low resale value of the system. And its performance lost on the CPU meaning an upgrade is even more useless. And yes he will be GPU bound, because its not a GPU someone should buy.

You system build has been picked apart for what it is. Just learn untill next time so it wont end in someone wasting money

It is by no means "an abomination." The GPU choice was dependent on what was available and the 1050 Ti was the best that would fit in his budget. At the end of the day that system will run and it will play games well enough RIGHT NOW. You can still sell it for at least $200 as I noted above. Either way he's not bad off. If he went your way he'd have to wait on performance and he'd do some upgrades and spend X amount. On mine he gets that performance up front and then he sells it and then does a new build for the same X price.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You tested a similar board for a day.  GTFO!  ?  A reliability test takes several months not the short term test you did!

AM3 boards didnt start dropping in the first 6 months. After that they started to drop.

There is a reason why the meme excist that there are more CPUs than boards on theat plattform for that reason. 

Buying the worst A series board is just criminal

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You tested a similar board for a day.  GTFO!  ?  A reliability test takes several months not the short term test you did!

I never said that was a test, ever. I was using that as an example of resale only. I never said, "I tested it and it's good!"

Just now, GoldenLag said:

There is a reason why the meme excist that there are more CPUs than boards on theat plattform for that reason. 

We've had AM4 boards for longer than that now and no such memes/data.

14 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

I've built well over 100 PCs at this point and done FAR more upgrades, and I've dealt with hundreds or maybe even thousands of hardware combos in a professional capacity. I'm not just an enthusiast who's played with a few pieces of hardware. So yes, it does have some weight.

Doesn't matter how many PCs you've built, you are still suggesting a bad part.

The board you suggested is as low-end as you can get. Combine that with the fact it's an MSI product and OP will not be having a good experience if he buys that board.

1 minute ago, jerubedo said:

On mine he gets that performance up front and then he sells it and then does a new build for the same X price.

He gets GPU performance on a sacrifise of everything else. User experience, long term usage, resale, and featureset. All to fit in a GPU that isnt worth it to begin with. Saving up to a GPU os a whole lot better, there is a reason why its recommended to wait with buying a GPU if you budget is low.

And in the end, the upgrade system will be better.

Either way he's not bad off. 

He is, in almost every way with the exception of that "meg" GPU performance.

If he went your way he'd have to wait on performance

He gets "ok" performance and a solid system. And he will get hetter performance down the road. 

We've had AM4 boards for longer than that now and no such memes/data.

Its because those mobos didnt sell. They just didnt, for good reason. Its hidden untill you get large failure rates, something you wont get on a low volume product that got hated on since it launched. 

7 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

It is by no means "an abomination."

Your first build suggestion within budget was Tom's hardware levels of bad. It was close to being a textbook example of what not to suggest. All it was missing was a seasonic 520 watt S12ii PSU.

5 minutes ago, XR6 said:

OP will not be having a good experience if he buys that board.

In what sense? As long as the board doesn't die, how is it a bad experience? And again I'd like some data on failure rates for their motherboards recently. Without data you guys are all sounding like the guy bashing Gigabyte back on page one.

8 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

In what sense? As long as the board doesn't die, how is it a bad experience?

A320 boards are extremely basic, and a lot of them are low-quality (although it's to be expected from a budget-oriented platform).

The upgrade path is also limited, OP will not be able to upgrade to a Zen 2 CPU in the future. Sure, it's possible to upgrade to something like a Ryzen 5 2600 but I doubt the VRMs would be good enough for it. 

With the CPU you sugggested, it's not going to be an issue using that board. But if OP wants to upgrade CPU then he will have very few options, and that's what stops me from recommending A320.

19 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/most-reliable-brand-of-motherboards.2499756/ Here for example is motherboard failure rate thing a french company did based on RMA rates.  Notice how MSI is at the top on both AMD and Intel for failure rates.  This is a constant thing for MSI.  This doesn't include AM4, but I could easily include that.  However, we don't need that according to you.  We simply need your personal experience for a single day with a similar board.

Based on this data, it looks like MSI is actually doing best on the low end with higher RMA rates at the high end:

• 1.91% H170
  • 1.64% B150
  • 1.60% H110

Those are all within normal levels compared to everyone else.

2 minutes ago, XR6 said:

A320 boards are extremely basic, and a lot of them are low-quality (although it's to be expected from a budget-oriented platform).

The upgrade path is also limited, OP will not be able to upgrade to a Zen 2 CPU in the future. Sure, it's possible to upgrade to something like a Ryzen 5 2600 but I doubt the VRMs would be good enough for it. 

In terms of usability, sure it's not going to be an issue using A320. But if OP wants to upgrade CPU then he will have very few options.

We've already established that this build is not meant to be upgraded. How would it specifically provide a bad experience on the given parts only?

21 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

fun fact: i literally planned thousands of rigs, made a gpu cooling list, a psu list and a motherboard list, working on a memory and gpu guide, have trust of most of the forum, spend way too much time here and I'm just 17 years old. 

it's quality that matters, and i hope there are better boards for a good price, better than pcpp india shows

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You're now using your personal experience as facts on mobo reliability.  That's not how that works.  You need to go over RMA rates and tests from companies like puget systems.  According to them currently Gigabyte makes the most reliable boards.   The two most reliable boards being the z390 Aorus Pro Wifi and the Z370 Aorus 5.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Most-Reliable-PC-Hardware-of-2018-1322/#Motherboard

I agree that Gigabyte is unrivaled right now on the high end. And when did I use personal experience as facts? I only said that it has some weight. Experience on large scale is a valid source, just not an all encompassing source.

2 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Based on this data, it looks like MSI is actually doing best on the low end with higher RMA rates at the high end:

• 1.91% H170
  • 1.64% B150
  • 1.60% H110

Those are all within normal levels compared to everyone else.

And none of these are related to the 0 cucks they gave to sub X370 boards. They were rushed outband they didnt give any cucks about them.

2 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

We've already established that this build is not meant to be upgraded. How would it specifically provide a bad experience on the given parts only?

Not that upgrading would do much good to a system that allready provides a poor experience that cant be improved. 

That system is a waste of 500$ (indian quivelent) money. Especially for someone who is thight on money. All i want you to do is learn is what to recommend.

Dont be like Tom's hardware and recommend something bad for the sake of fitting in something like a 1050ti.

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Its because those mobos didnt sell. They just didnt

Source? I know a few people that have them personally. So they didn't not sell, period. At least 3 people have them, since I know 3 (and no it wasn't me who recommended it).

13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

He gets GPU performance on a sacrifise of everything else

At his budget, honestly everything is sacrificed anyway. Fitting in the best GPU you can get will be the best gaming experience (as long as it isn't bottlenecked). It just won't be upgradeable. But at this price that doesn't matter. Sell it, recoup some money, build something different. I'd rather play games on a 1050 Ti than on an iGPU and then spend even more later and get the same performance later on. He might not even want to upgrade anything period in which case my build performs better period.

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

That system is a waste of 500$ (indian quivelent) money. Especially for someone who is thight on money. All i want you to do is learn is what to recommend.

Dont be like Tom's hardware and recommend something bad for the sake of fitting in something like a 1050ti.

My build is better for gaming as it is, period. Better FPS = better gaming experience. It's not a bad system, especially if the user wasn't going to upgrade to begin with.

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

No, personal experience and baseless claims do not add weight to the argument.  I could say because my 1 Z97 MSI board arrived DOA that it's not safe to buy any MSI board.  I've been working with computers since the 90s.  I just didn't heavily start building them like I do now until 2013 because I didn't have the time to.  Your personal opinion means nothing compared to RMA rates and companies like puget who test various numbers of the same board and other parts for failure out of the given batch for long periods of time.

But the data you showed on RMA rates at the low end is within the same percentages as everyone else, less than 2%. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

You aren't factoring in load times.  In games like Destiny 2 and a few others you can randomly be stuck in place for more than 10 seconds because of HDD load times.  It's only a couple of seconds with an SSD.  But, only frames matter, right?  One example is that strike in Destiny 2 with the giant psion boss at the end.  When jumping over a barrier to get to him you will be frozen in the air and the screen will say, "loading"  I got stuck there for 15-20 seconds on a 7200 rpm drive.  I put the game on an SSD and got there for a couple of seconds.

At that budget it's a luxury. Still no worse than consoles. And a 15-20 second load times vs 2 seconds doesn't make sense mathematically. 

Just now, jerubedo said:

At his budget, honestly everything is sacrificed anyway. Fitting in the best GPU you can get will be the best gaming experience (as long as it isn't bottlenecked). It just won't be upgradeable. But at this price that doesn't matter. Sell it, recoup some money, build something different. I'd rather play games on a 1050 Ti than on an iGPU and then spend even more later and get the same performance later on. He might not even want to upgrade anything period in which case my build performs better period.

Your build is a bad experience from start to finish, usage is just not fun. Its like a prebuilt from 2010. 

At his budget my system did not sacrifise the entire system for some GPU. Its a good package. You can upgrade it or have a good experience, gaming or not, and enjoy it for a long time. Gaming one a Vega 8 is a good ebough experience at 720p. And you dont end up with a pile of garbage while you are at it. 

Source? I know a few people that have them personally. So they didn't not sell, period. At least 3 people have them, since I know 3 (and no it wasn't me who recommended it).

Yes, i made an educated assumption based on the current pricing, news cycle, overall reputation and current state of MSI 300 series board and the awful state of A320 series boards that noone should buy. And i feel sorry for the 3 people who own those board, hopefully when the boards eventually wear out they dont take other components with them. 

My build is better for gaming as it is, period. Better FPS = better gaming experience. It's not a bad system, especially if the user wasn't going to upgrade to begin with.

Ye, im not arguing that it will have worse fps than mine. But how is the experience doing anything else? Say open a tab, open games, storing games and doing stuff on the PC. Starting the PC, all of that. Its all slow, or hard to do without runnign into issues of storage. 

That is not getting into the reliability of owning it. 

Please just take note and learn from this, we all make misstakes from time to time. But avoid making misstakes involving large sums of money or at least learn from them so you wotn make them again.

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Your data is saying that a 1 day personal test on a similar board matters more. 

Again, literally never said that.