Noctua NH-C14S vs Cooler Master v8

Joseph w.

I have a Noctua NH-C14S and a cooler master v8(one of the older ones that has 6 heat pipes). I just got myself an x58 sabertooth motherboard and an x5675(6c 12t) which I plan to overclock hopefully to around 4.5ghz depending on silicon lottery. I'm putting it in an nzxt Phanteks Eclipse case with two front fans and one fan in the back, and I use a msi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x gpu. Which one will have the best raw cooling performance and would the fact that the Noctua blows air downwards help with the northbridge temps any? I already have both air coolers so I was wondering which one you guys think I should use and why.

It's hard to tell. The NH-C14S is a bit better in an open test bench but it'll be facing a solid side panel here. You'll have to try it out to be sure. I'd recommend going with the NH-C14S since it's much quieter.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.