Need a 800€ laptop

Hey guys

So my friend wants to buy a new laptop, which should roughly cost 800€ but can go up to 1000€ "if it's worth it". Now the last time I have bought a laptop was 2006 and that one died in 2008 or something like that. I am really not up to date on this anymore. So I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some laptops or share some things I should look out for when buying one.

He is a professional DJ and hooks it up to his DJ devices. I have no idea if that is cpu hungry, I assume it mostly acts as a music library. He does some light photo editing and wants to get into video and music editing. He is not professionally editing videos, so I guess it's okay if the performance isn't that good, but it should be somewhat bearable.

Can you guys recommend me something?

Any links of online stores?

Need good sRGB display? Any preference on weight and battery life? Mind non-upgradable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I don't even know what sRGB means. Look, my friend is a total normie and he asked for a semi decent laptop. I don't use photoshop myself but I am pretty sure that most laptops can run it. Weight, battery life and RAM are all not a big deal. Wouldn't surprise me if he only used his Laptop for browsing the web. I just need a few okayish laptops so I don't end up recommending him some total garbage. 

14 hours ago, iLikeBananas said:

snip 

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

I am living in europe, I just need some rough ideas to work with here. There is no specific website that I buy from, I go to wherever it is cheapest.

16 hours ago, iLikeBananas said:

I am living in europe, I just need some rough ideas to work with here. There is no specific website that I buy from, I go to wherever it is cheapest.

I need those websites so that I can look through all the options and recommend the best models to you

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I wasn't sure how to do this, because if I link to a shop... let's say amazon.de thousands of laptops will show up. But I found another solution. There is this website called Geizhals.de which basically links to offers from amazon and other stores. I can limited it to laptops released in 2019.

Hope you can work with that List

I also remember hearing that the GTX 1650 has a great value, so here is a list with laptops that feature it https://geizhals.de/?cat=nb&bpmin=800&bpmax=1100&v=e&hloc=at&hloc=de&filter=aktualisieren&sort=t&bl1_id=30&xf=11295_21904+-+NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+1650~3310_2019

Hope that makes things easier. I set budget to 800€-1100€, 950€ is the sweat spot, but a little more is okay too.