Help reviewing this build:

Puffing

Pcpartpicker link

Any ways to cut cost or would a Ryzen cpu be better? Want this for adobe CC, mainly premiere pro. Use for video production and gaming.

No a Ryzen cpu would not be better, just less expensive. But since the motherboard has been purchased, change would probably end up costs as much, if not more.

Any cost cutting will impact performance. Since most of the components have been purchased, there really isn't much wiggle room.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

23 minutes ago, Puffing said:

Pcpartpicker link

Any ways to cut cost or would a Ryzen cpu be better? Want this for adobe CC, mainly premiere pro. Use for video production and gaming.

It's light on storage.  Wouldn't you need more space for video production?  If not, or it's more hobby than job... wouldn't a SATA SSD in a larger size for same cash be better?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

16 minutes ago, brob said:

No a Ryzen cpu would not be better, just less expensive. But since the motherboard has been purchased, change would probably end up costs as much, if not more.

Any cost cutting will impact performance. Since most of the components have been purchased, there really isn't much wiggle room.

Good post brob.  Hey Puffing that is a killer Rig.  I can't find a mistake in it.  You will enjoy it very much and also enjoy the triple digit frame rates.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

10 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

It's light on storage.  Wouldn't you need more space for video production?  If not, or it's more hobby than job... wouldn't a SATA SSD in a larger size for same cash be better?

I have hdds with my vids on it. And i have a tb of SATA ssd that i can format and put in for programs.

30 minutes ago, Puffing said:

I have hdds with my vids on it. And i have a tb of SATA ssd that i can format and put in for programs.

What the if I hadn’t gotten the Mobo would stuff change?

2 minutes ago, Puffing said:

well the i9-9900k will definitely perform better than the r7 2700 due to the higher clock speeds

if you hadn't gotten the mobo already buying the ryzen would save you a couple hundred but since you already have the mobo no real point as the cost will be similar and refunding the part isnt really worth it

Do you have to cut $ from the build or would you just like a lower price? 

What resolution are the videos being produced? How complex are the effects?

2 hours ago, Puffing said:

In a sense yes from what I know that mobo has very bad vrms. You may like the taichi ultimate if you didnt already buy that mobo... From what ik your going for a white build... maybe your willing to plasti dip your mobo white.

Just now, Jr SavageZ said:

In a sense yes from what I know that mobo has very bad vrms. You may like the taichi ultimate if you didnt already buy that mobo... From what ik your going for a white build... maybe your willing to plasti dip your mobo white.

28 minutes ago, Jr SavageZ said:

very bad vrms

I mean, the VRMs aren't ideal. It's a little worse than a Gigabyte Z390 UD (which can handle the 9900K at stock with stock boosts). You definitely should not expect to overclock on the board, but I do think it will handle the stock 9900K and I think it would most likely get its stock boost clocks as well, but don't quote me on it.

16 hours ago, Jr SavageZ said:

I technically hav not bought the Mobo I have up to 200 dollars to spend.

30 minutes ago, Puffing said:

I technically hav not bought the Mobo I have up to 200 dollars to spend.

So why is it marked "purchased". And, is this also the case for all the other parts marked "purchased"?

2 minutes ago, brob said:

So why is it marked "purchased". And, is this also the case for all the other parts marked "purchased"?

The other parts are purchased... the reason I marked this is because I am receiving this as I gift. But I could get a different one.

46 minutes ago, Puffing said:

The other parts are purchased... the reason I marked this is because I am receiving this as I gift. But I could get a different one.

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite or Pro would be a better choice then. 

33 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite or Pro would be a better choice then. 

Woild this work?

You definitely made the best choice going for an Intel/Nvidia build to use for a high end Adobe processing PC. In the future remember to buy all of your RAM in one package- it all tested and proven to work together.

I can't say how it compares to the one in your build, but this gigabyte 2070 is $459.99 at Newegg with code EMCTYUA29 (if you are signed up for emails)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-932-091&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=GD041519&cm_mmc=EMC-GD041519-_-landing-_-Item-_-14-932-091

High quality VRM on this Gigabyte Aorus Pro for $185:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145091&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL041619&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041619-_-EMC-041619-Index-_-IntelMotherboards-_-13145091-S1A4D&ignorebbr=1

The i9-9900 is $5 cheaper at Newegg with code EMCTYUD24.

Remember that the Dark Rock Pro scratches easily, so be careful when installing it.

1 hour ago, Puffing said:

Perfect! You can save another $10 if you drop the motherboard down to the Aorus Pro (non-Wifi), assuming you don't need the built in Wifi. You can also get a cheaper 2070 if you were inclined. The 2070 Ventus card is still black and white (although the white on that card is a bit more off-white than the one you picked) for $480.

Well, I'm not so sure about that Gigabyte card I listed above. There could be a reason it is cheap. The reviews are not good, but the one you listed in your build is only a little bit better. Maybe Gigabyte is not the way to go. Someone mentioned that all the RTX cards have trouble with artifacting. I'm sure someone here knows a lot more about it than I do.

1 hour ago, Bearmann said:

You definitely made the best choice going for an Intel/Nvidia build to use for a high end Adobe processing PC. In the future remember to buy all of your RAM in one package- it all tested and proven to work together.

I can't say how it compares to the one in your build, but this gigabyte 2070 is $459.99 at Newegg with code EMCTYUA29 (if you are signed up for emails)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-932-091&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=GD041519&cm_mmc=EMC-GD041519-_-landing-_-Item-_-14-932-091

High quality VRM on this Gigabyte Aorus Pro for $185:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145091&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL041619&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL041619-_-EMC-041619-Index-_-IntelMotherboards-_-13145091-S1A4D&ignorebbr=1

The i9-9900 is $5 cheaper at Newegg with code EMCTYUD24.

Remember that the Dark Rock Pro scratches easily, so be careful when installing it.

Thanks I saw the other replies. Just want to ask... would a use 1080 be a good option? Or stick with 2070

12 minutes ago, Puffing said:

Thanks I saw the other replies. Just want to ask... would a use 1080 be a good option? Or stick with 2070

I think they are nearly equivalent. I think used is fine if it is working normally when you get it.

I do take the Newegg reviews with a grain of salt, as only the dissatisfied people ever bother to write them, but I do try to compare them to the other reviews for that model. Amazon reviews seem more balanced and useful in my opinion.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CbqEKWGblE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=44JqNJq-PC0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nXm186G7c

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7cTRpsmXUU

40 minutes ago, Puffing said:

would a use 1080 be a good option? Or stick with 2070

Unless the 1080 is wildly cheaper, stick with the 2070. It performs slightly better in most cases and it provides access to ray tracing and DLSS.

18 minutes ago, Bearmann said:

I think they are nearly equivalent. I think used is fine if it is working normally when you get it.

I do take the Newegg reviews with a grain of salt, as only the dissatisfied people ever bother to write them, but I do try to compare them to the other reviews for that model. Amazon reviews seem more balanced and useful in my opinion.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CbqEKWGblE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=44JqNJq-PC0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nXm186G7c

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7cTRpsmXUU

Thanks!

Is the drp4 a good cooler or should I get an aio... and if so which one? I’m trying to get a white cpu cooler but can’t fine one that is good.

3 hours ago, Puffing said:

Looks good to Me. The non wifi Aorus Pro is only $2 less (Assuming you are in the USA of course) so you might as well stick with the Pro wifi even if you don't need the wifi option. 

Also would painting the drp4 be a viable option?