After Effects parts suggestions

Augyy
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,

I'd get a 8700, no new ram, and maybe a 1660 ti if your budget fits it

Hey guys,

I am currently trying to build another PC primarily for editing on Adobe After Effects as I make pretty heavy edits for Fortnite teams, and for some school projects. 

I'm deciding whether I should go for the Intel i5 8400 or Ryzen 5 2600 for rendering. My PC lags a lot when I use RSMB, Magic Bullet Looks and my pc is not able to handle any of the modern day editing tasks anymore, and the rendering times take longer than usual (35-45 minutes) I also don't know what Ram to get aswell, because my ram previews on After Effects are unbearably slow with RSMB in my videos. I was thinking 16 GB of 3000 Mhz Corsair Ram but I'm still unsure. 

The new graphics card I will be getting is the Asus ROG Strix 580 because it is at a good price atm, but I've also heard of GPU rendering and I hope the 580 can do that.

New PC budget: Around 900-1100 CAD

My Current PC 

Intel i7 6700, 16 GB Samsung ram, Asus Maximus Viii Impact Mobo, Gigabyte R9 380X

Please leave any suggestions, I just want After Effects to run very smoothly and to render fast!

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'd get a 8700, no new ram, and maybe a 1660 ti if your budget fits it

Okay, it'll perform with my ram fine? Because it's not the nicest ram out there.

Is the Ryzen 7 2700x any good?

6 minutes ago, Augyy said:

Okay, it'll perform with my ram fine? Because it's not the nicest ram out there.

Is the Ryzen 7 2700x any good?

it's good, but intel generally performs better with the adobe suite according to puget systems, that's mostly why. you'll need a new motherboard tho

ram should be fine

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

it's good, but intel generally performs better with the adobe suite according to puget systems, that's mostly why. you'll need a new motherboard tho

ram should be fine

Okay thanks, and I'm currently looking at an Asus Z370-a motherboard, would you suggest any other mobo that are cheaper

2 minutes ago, Augyy said:

Okay thanks, and I'm currently looking at an Asus Z370-a motherboard, would you suggest any other mobo that are cheaper

z390 aorus elite is better for the price

a z390 ud can handle it too, but some don't like the looks