HELP! Laptop screen replacement problem

I have a problem. I broke my laptop screen and after the crying, I ordered a new one. I'm fairly computer savvy and the replacement looks simple enough. I've only hit one snag that the Google has yet to give me the answer for. All the tutorials, whether on YouTube or online, say that you need to disconnect it from AC power and the battery. I however, cannot disconnect the battery. It's built in to my laptop and I'd rather not get too crazy with all of it. Is this something I can do without disconnecting the battery or is there some trick I need to know. I would appreciate anyone in the community that could give me a little advice. I'll do your avatar up with my artistic skills... I'll give you a back rub... maybe not that one.

Linus, I'll drive down to your offices if I need to beg in person if need be.... please... I'm poor and I don't want to f**k up the laptop I'm still paying for...

I've done a lot of laptop screen replacements, maybe two or three a month for the last 3 years. In most laptops you can remove the battery no matter what even if it's an internal battery. You have to take the entire laptop apart to replace the screen and an internal laptop battery is generally just connected to a header on the motherboard you can just unplug once you get it apart. It's a major replacement and I have yet to replace a screen that doesn't require disassembly of the laptop. It's not usually something you can just pop out and pop in. May I ask what model of laptop it is? And can you please explain what you mean by the battery is built in. Is it soldered to the motherboard or have you not taken the laptop apart yet?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

17 minutes ago, Castle_Grim_Park said:

I have a problem. I broke my laptop screen and after the crying, I ordered a new one. I'm fairly computer savvy and the replacement looks simple enough. I've only hit one snag that the Google has yet to give me the answer for. All the tutorials, whether on YouTube or online, say that you need to disconnect it from AC power and the battery. I however, cannot disconnect the battery. It's built in to my laptop and I'd rather not get too crazy with all of it. Is this something I can do without disconnecting the battery or is there some trick I need to know. I would appreciate anyone in the community that could give me a little advice. I'll do your avatar up with my artistic skills... I'll give you a back rub... maybe not that one.

Linus, I'll drive down to your offices if I need to beg in person if need be.... please... I'm poor and I don't want to f**k up the laptop I'm still paying for...

most of the stress of repairing a pc is just stress, i had a really fragile laptop that i was freaking out over since i broke the screen, and i woke up one day with nothing to do and i had the "i dont give a f**k feeling" so i didnt care if i broke the laptop or not, so i tore in and replace the screen and broke nothing. dont stress when replacing the parts and taking it apart, it may seem like alot and it may seem like you are gonna break something but dont lose confidence at all. thats the worst thing you can do.

6 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I've done a lot of laptop screen replacements, maybe two or three a month for the last 3 years. In most laptops you can remove the battery no matter what even if it's an internal battery. You have to take the entire laptop apart to replace the screen and an internal laptop battery is generally just connected to a header on the motherboard you can just unplug once you get it apart. It's a major replacement and I have yet to replace a screen that doesn't require disassembly of the laptop. It's not usually something you can just pop out and pop in. May I ask what model of laptop it is? And can you please explain what you mean by the battery is built in. Is it soldered to the motherboard or have you not taken the laptop apart yet?

In my laptop and from most laptops I have seen disconnecting and removing the internal battery is pretty simple.

Main PC Setup:

- CPU Ryzen 9 3950X, MOBO Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi X570, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MT/s DDR4 (4x8GB), GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 Founders Edition, STORAGE Samsung 970 Pro (512GB) + (3x) Samsung 870 Evo (2TB), COOLER NZXT Kraken X72 AIO, PSU Corsair RM850i, CASE Fractal Design Define R6 Tempered Glass Blackout

Peripherals:

- MONITORS LG 34GN850 (34" 3440x1440 144Hz GSYNC/FREESYNC) + Acer XR342CK (34" 3440x1440 75Hz) + Asus VG278Q (27" 1920x1080 144Hz GSYNC/FREESYNC), KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB TKL, MOUSE Logitech G Pro Wireless & Logitech MX Master 2S, MIC Blue YetiHEADPHONES Sony WH-1000XM4 & Audio Technica ATH-M50x

Home Theatre Setup:

- CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MOBO Asus TUF Gaming B550-PLUS, RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, GPU Intel ARC A770 16GB LESOUND CARD Creative Sound Blaster ZSTORAGE Samsung 980 Pro (500GB) + WD Blue HDD (1TB), COOLER Corsair H100x AIO, PSU Seasonic Core GM-500, CASE Silverstone Black Grandia GD09.

Peripherals:

DISPLAY 55" LG CX OLED (4K 120Hz GSYNC/FREESYNC), KEYBOARD Logitech K400 Plus, MOUSE Logitech G602, SPEAKERS LG 5.1 Surround Sound System

Main Laptop (2021 HP Envy x360 15)

- CPU Ryzen 7 5700URAM 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB 3200MT/s), GPU Vega 8 iGPUDISPLAY 15" IPS Display (1920x1080 60Hz)STORAGE 512GB NVMe SSD

Gaming Laptop (HP Omen 17-CB005NA):

- CPU i7-9750HRAM 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB), GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060DISPLAY 17.3" IPS Display (1920x1080 144Hz)STORAGE Samsung M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (512GB) + Seagate Barracuda Pro 7200RPM HDD (1TB)

Backup Laptop (Asus FX503VM-EN184T):

- CPU i5-7300HQRAM 16GB 2400MT/s DDR4 (2x8GB), GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GBDISPLAY 15.6" TN Dispay (1920x1080 120Hz)STORAGE SK Hynix M.2 SATA SSD (256GB) + WD Black 7200RPM HDD (1TB)

17 minutes ago, choggy2840 said:

In my laptop and from most laptops I have seen disconnecting and removing the internal battery is pretty simple.

Yeah it's usually pretty simple, but you do have to take the laptop apart to get to it, not completely just remove the bottom panel. I don't think OP is taking the bottom off to remove the internal battery, the battery doesn't necessarily need to be removed either, just unplugged, I think I might have worded it to sound harder than it actually is but I was mainly referring to the screen replacement in my post not the actual battery removal. The screen replacement can be a completely different story especially if it's a touch screen model. And depends on if OP is just replacing the panel itself or the entire upper screen assembly.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

The model on the bottom says it's an Asus fx53v. It's a fairly chunky laptop to crack open. Like I said, I'd rather not have to do it but I shall. I just don't look forward to opening up the beast.

13 minutes ago, Castle_Grim_Park said:

The model on the bottom says it's an Asus fx53v. It's a fairly chunky laptop to crack open. Like I said, I'd rather not have to do it but I shall. I just don't look forward to opening up the beast.

Understandable but its the only way to disconnect an internal battery.

Well damn it... I'll just bite the bullet and disconnect the darn thing. Thanks for everyone's help ??