Hidden Xbox360 wireless receiver?

garyjpaterson

Is it possible to use this internal to external USB cable to keep the Xbox360 Wireless receiver hidden inside my case?

I know there is a sync button on it, but does it just need pressed once then its good to go, or does it need syncing everytime i switch the pc/controller on?

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

Is it possible to use this internal to external USB cable to keep the Xbox360 Wireless receiver hidden inside my case?

I know there is a sync button on it, but does it just need pressed once then its good to go, or does it need syncing everytime i switch the pc/controller on?

Looks good to me. And no it does not need resyncing every time you use it, only the first time. I personally used to use it, however I now switched to the Logitech F710

That is an internal to Male. You need and internal to female... like this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-Female-Motherboard-4-Pin-Header/dp/B000IV6S9S/ref=pd_sim_computers_3

And yes it should work fine so long as the signal is okay and can go through the case. 

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

That is an internal to Male. You need and internal to female... like this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-Female-Motherboard-4-Pin-Header/dp/B000IV6S9S/ref=pd_sim_computers_3

And yes it should work fine so long as the signal is okay and can go through the case. 

Woops so it is, thanks for pointing that out! 

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

Looks good to me. And no it does not need resyncing every time you use it, only the first time. I personally used to use it, however I now switched to the Logitech F710

Hmm, that seems like a step down :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hmm, that seems like a step down :P

Not at all to me. I should probably point out that I switched to the PS3 controller after XBOX and before Logitech, as I prefer the PS3 controller a lot more than the XBOX controller. However, with the DS3 utility and the PS3 controller on the PC, I was running into many driver errors, sometimes even BSOD crashes as a result of it. That's why I went with the F710. It has the same stick layout as the PS3 controller, and a bit more comfortable to grip actually. 

once you sync the controller you're good.  also if you want to go all out you could solder your PCs reset button to the sync button.