MSI Z370i - BIOS update issues with 9th Gen

Hey all,

So i have the MSI z370i gaming pro carbon AC with a 9th gen CPU (i7 9700k). This mobo only support 9th gen with a bios update.

However i have a small issue im on update 7B43v15 and the latest is 7B43v17. The latest update didnt post with my 9th gen however the v15 did.

My question is, is anyone else having similar issues? I dont really wana try again just incase it dont work and im stuck without a PC posting...

And im the type of dude who always wants upto date stuff... 

i7-9700k | GTX 980 | MSI z370i Pro Gaming Carbon AC | G.Skill 3000mhz | NZXT Kraken M22Metallic Gear Neo Mini

Latest is V17.

You are on V15.

Try V16?.

As a side note, upgrading motherboard firmware is not always a smart move. They do very little testing, and those have many features, you never know what may break. So updating for the sake of it, is not worth it (unless you are currently in a broken state, in which case anything less broken is worth it).

Remember to reset factory settings before and after you update BIOS.

2 hours ago, faziten said:

Latest is V17.

You are on V15.

Try V16?.

As a side note, upgrading motherboard firmware is not always a smart move. They do very little testing, and those have many features, you never know what may break. So updating for the sake of it, is not worth it (unless you are currently in a broken state, in which case anything less broken is worth it).

Remember to reset factory settings before and after you update BIOS.

Think you right. Nothing is broken and working fine. So ima stick with 15

i7-9700k | GTX 980 | MSI z370i Pro Gaming Carbon AC | G.Skill 3000mhz | NZXT Kraken M22Metallic Gear Neo Mini