Multiple HDD enclosure w/ JBOD RAID UASP

Having a hard time getting a straight answer with the ol' Google searches.

I recently upgraded my storage server to 8x6TB HDDs and now I have a whack-ton of 2TB HDDs laying around. My external 3TB is getting full and my internal drive on my X1X was full long ago.

Does anyone know of an USB 3.0 enclosure that'll support 4-8 drives and present a single logical volume to an X1X as a storage target?

Ideally, I would love to be able to span the HDDs into a single storage volume so the Xbox thinks that a single large drive is attached. I’m not really concerned with faster disk access or greater throughput. I'm after storage capacity. And seeing as I have a bunch Enterprise 2TB drives already, a single enclosure would have less of a financial impact than new large format drives with the bonus of being expandable and possibly fault-tolerant.

I used RAID 0 to achieve this with a two disk enclosure, not sure if it would be a smart move with 4-8 drives.

JBOD spanning would require the enclosures controller to do some level of work, so this would probably be somewhat expensive as well. There are good software solutions that can Span disks, but i dont thank would help you with an Xbox :)

If you need recommendations for a new printer (the ones that use paper) you can tag me, i should be able to help 🙂

6 hours ago, bane-o said:

Does anyone know of an USB 3.0 enclosure that'll support 4-8 drives and present a single logical volume to an X1X as a storage target?

Most of them do.

You set the RAID with dip switches and initialize that.

Only some do not support the RAID mode...

For example:

https://geizhals.de/fantec-qb-35us3-6g-schwarz-1695-a1195884.html?hloc=de

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"