So, I'm saving up to build a beast gaming PC, and this is going to be my first build. I am doing it with a friend who has built computers and workstations before. I will be playing and doing some streaming with this PC. I was going to go with an i7 8700k, but he recommended a Ryzen 7 1700x, but I saw Linus substituting a 2700x Ryzen 7 for an 8700k i7, so should I go with the 2700x instead? I also need help with figuring out if my case will be good for the motherboard I'm purchasing. Along with this I was wondering if people had any good tips and would recommend any cooling for my PC, if I should buy more fans, and also any controllers that would help with RGB and other quality of life improvements for making this process smooth. Thanks in advance! Below I'll show what specs I'm currently looking at with their prices.

2070 - 499.99
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x - 169.99
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC AM4 ATX Motherboard- 129.99
NZXT H700i - 197 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811146273
Corsair Vengeance 16gb - 103.99
WD Blue 3D NAND 2TB Internal SSD - 239.99
EVGA 750W 80+ Gold - 99.53
Corsair H100i Hydro Series Platinum Processor Liquid Cooling 120mm - 159.99
Windows 10 Home - 139.99

Do you know what display you intend to use? What resolution/refresh rate?

and what's your budget?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

The 2700x is better in gaming, so if gaming is a focus with the PC, I'd say money well spent. Alternatively, the Ryzen 5 2600 is also better for gaming than the 1700x, so you can consider a balance between cores and game performance with that.

Also, attach a pcpartpicker.com list, it's a far better format.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Gaming PC? Shouldnt it be Intel? Nah its your first build so what am I talking about... But your build is pretty good to be honest xD 

If you're looking at the price range of the 1700x, go for the i5 9400F for the same price and a huge performance boost. If you're looking at the 2700x, then the 9600k for about the same price will be a boost. 

Otherwise, solid build. 

4 hours ago, Slottr said:

Do you know what display you intend to use? What resolution/refresh rate?

and what's your budget?

My Budget is 2,000 max. I want to get a 1080p 144hz monitor. 

Just now, Bedrockgaming said:

My Budget is 2,000 max. I want to get a 1080p 144hz monitor. 

under 2000 with a 1440p 144hz display

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

This looks really good! I think I'll use this, thanks for the advice!