Gigabyte RX 550 Overclock

Sephiroth720

Hey Everyone,

I am currently running an AMD RX 550 2GB as a placeholder card until my GTX 960 arrives and have begun to "explore" ways of overclocking this GPU. So far I have installed the Gigabyte Aorus software and put the card in OC mode which only moves the GPU clock from 1206 to 1219 Mhz. I have noticed that there is a "Professional mode" and would like to see what this little GPU is capable of. Having never overclocked any piece of hardware I've ever owned I would like some recommendations on what to set the following settings to.

GPU Clock: (Base: 1206Mhz)

Memory Clock: (Base: 7000Mhz)

Power Target: (Currently at 0 or 50%)

Hopefully, I haven't made myself sound completely OC illiterate. Hoping to get better with you help! Thanks everyone!

OC Utility.jpg

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |

Bump power target to max, start increasing the gpu clock in 50Mhz steps, when you start artifacting or crashing lower to last step and start increasing by 10 until you find the breaking point. Try to cook it a littlebit with furmark for 5 minutes between steps so you can monitor weird behavior. Leave Mem clock at default while you are playing with gpu clock and later on when you find the ceiling start playing with memory.

cheers.

19 hours ago, faziten said:

Bump power target to max, start increasing the gpu clock in 50Mhz steps, when you start artifacting or crashing lower to last step and start increasing by 10 until you find the breaking point. Try to cook it a littlebit with furmark for 5 minutes between steps so you can monitor weird behavior. Leave Mem clock at default while you are playing with gpu clock and later on when you find the ceiling start playing with memory.

cheers.

I've just been trying what you said and for some reason, every now and then the GPU decides to lock its core to 214Mhz at which time I have to DDU the drivers and reinstall... But weirdly I can go directly back to my last OC attempt and be stable until I try again. It's like the software doesn't want me to change the GPU core more than once without DDU'ing the drivers.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |