I recently sold my Corsair Hydro H60 (the old 2013 model), and bought a Cooler Master Masterliquid ML240L RGB(waiting for it to arrive). Did i make a mistake?

Running a 6600K at 4,8 GHz at 1,450V. Got about 78 max in CPU-Z stress test after about 45-60 min with the H60.

Edit: I got the Ml240L for 501 DKK and sold my H60 for 280DKK and just wanted to know if the Ml240L would perform on par with or better than the H60.

Edited by O_Bedstew

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-VLK - CPU: Intel i5-3570k - GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB - RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 8GB - PSU: CMRS750ACAA-E3 - Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracude HDD - Case: CM 690 II - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

i'm using comic sans ironically

Um yeah..... That liquid cooler is quite bad last time i checked. Id recommend picking up a good aircooler instead

Not really its more radiator surface area compared to your old one and it comes with a 2 year warranty so theirs that so if you got it for a decent price then it should be a fine upgrade.  That being said it wouldn't have been my first choice of coolers or second , third, forth it might make the top 10 maybe. Coolermaster makes great Air coolers there AIO's though meh.  But according to toms hardware the 360 version of the Master liquid was the best AIO of 2019 for what its worth.  If it was me I would have gotten something form Corsair or NZXT but probly paied more and got the same outcome. And at the end of the day as long as you happy that is all that matters.  https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181-2.html

35 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Not really its more radiator surface area compared to your old one and it comes with a 2 year warranty so theirs that so if you got it for a decent price then it should be a fine upgrade.  That being said it wouldn't have been my first choice of coolers or second , third, forth it might make the top 10 maybe. Coolermaster makes great Air coolers there AIO's though meh.  But according to toms hardware the 360 version of the Master liquid was the best AIO of 2019 for what its worth.  If it was me I would have gotten something form Corsair or NZXT but probly paied more and got the same outcome. And at the end of the day as long as you happy that is all that matters.  https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181-2.html

I don't expect it to be amazing, i just wanted something that performed on par with, or better than the H60. Which i hope this does?

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-VLK - CPU: Intel i5-3570k - GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB - RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3-1600 8GB - PSU: CMRS750ACAA-E3 - Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracude HDD - Case: CM 690 II - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate

1 minute ago, O_Bedstew said:

I don't expect it to be amazing, i just wanted something that performed on par with, or better than the H60. Which i hope this does?

It will. 

Just now, ELSknutson said:

It will. 

Thanks!

Just installed it and and apart from the RGB function not working (I suspect i have a broken molex connector), everything works great. I've dropped about 10*C in CPU-Z stress test.

20 hours ago, O_Bedstew said:

Just installed it and and apart from the RGB function not working (I suspect i have a broken molex connector), everything works great. I've dropped about 10*C in CPU-Z stress test.

But damn is the ML240L noisy...