Hackintosh Graphics Cards

DUAL GRAPHICS CARD non SLI SET UP

Hey everyone! So I'm new here but I needed to ask an important question! 

So, Effectively I just can't stand apple anymore, mostly due to cost vs spec and lack of good customer care, and have decided to move over to PC's. I do a lot of music production and I exclusively use Logic Pro X and honestly prefer MAC OSX software to windows, HOWEVER, I also LOVE gaming and have wanted a gaming PC for quite a while, So after doing my research I've decided to go for an Intel i9 9900k, Z390 Meg Ace, DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x16gb ram, 

The tricky part is gonna be Graphics Card's I really want to get an MSI 2080 Ti, But I'm not sure how long it will be till that card has Hackintosh Drivers Released, But I really love it's gaming spec, I also through research found it's a lot easier to use AMD graphics Cards, So where my question lies is, would it be possible, to run a dual boot set up OSX on one SSD and Windows on the other, in a way that only uses one graphics card while in OSX and the 2080ti in windows,? or would it have to have both linked at all times? If not, can anyone offer some alternative advice? 

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Darrell

I personally would get Vega or Radeon VII for simplicity

That said, I am sure there is a way to get compatibility with an RTX card

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Well, yes, it is possible. though you might have to unplug a gpu (especially the nvidia one) when using the hackingtosh
>Plug to an old video running sli & crossfire because I like the old intro so much 

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

LTT just released a video (On floatplane) about a hackintosh on NVIDIA CARDS (yes, modern ones !)
So I hiiiighly suggest you wait about a week before doing anything !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Thank you so much guys, either of you guys used the Radeons before? I would probably prioritise gaming over anything else and I'm not a fan of the idea I'd have to keep taking in an hour a card every time I change os, @givingtntThank you though I'm definitely going to hold off till I'm sure but this is just for research, I just wish there was a way of disabling the card while booting up so i didn't have to hard disconnect it!

• 1 year later...

Hi @Guitarist95 did you found a solution to your problem? actually i have the same problem as you, i need Logic Pro X, but i have a RTX 2060, i was wondering if i can get another card with compatibility with Hackintosh but mantain the RTX 2060 on the same motherboard to play games on windows

51 minutes ago, Ravilesx said:

Hi @Guitarist95 did you found a solution to your problem? actually i have the same problem as you, i need Logic Pro X, but i have a RTX 2060, i was wondering if i can get another card with compatibility with Hackintosh but mantain the RTX 2060 on the same motherboard to play games on windows

There are plenty of ways but most of them are complex. It's also dependant on motherboard and CPU. One way is using KVM in Linux as shown in this video (keep in mind methods might have changed since then it's linux after all) and using 3 different GPUs via passthrough. If you have an Intel CPU chances are it has an iGPU so you can use that to boot linux and inside of linux make a Windows VM that uses the RTX card and a Mac OS VM that uses an AMD card. Another way would be to somehow force hackintosh to use your Intel IGPU directly without the need of any VMs but that's also a slippery slope. Best way to find out is to google "igpu hackintosh + dgpu windows" or something like that and also don't forget to research your motherboard and CPU compatibility. As far as Nvidia support don't count on it it's not happening. High Sierra is the last version of macOS that supports Nvidia GPUs up to Pascal and the experience is subpar at best with a lot of issues. Nvidia and Apple aren't going to settle their differences anytime soon.

Ada is worse than Ampere which is worse than Fermi, change my mind.

System:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS X570 TUF
  • RAM
    2X16GB Kingston Fury 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 4080 Super Gaming OC
  • Case
    Fractal Torrent