Use second GPU for Nvidia game streaming

Adorable Cat

Hi, I have a garbage HP Chromebook 14, which has no play store support, and no ability to turn on developer mode. I want to be able to stream simpler games from my desktop at home (i7 3770, rx580 8gb) but I don't have many options. I've used teamviewer a while, and it works ok for some things but gaming is a laggy nightmare. The only other option I can see is the Moonlight chrome app, which uses Nvidia GameStream. I've got a RX580 so obviously it won't work with that, but what if I put my old GTX950 that's sitting in my closet in my extra PCIE slot, will I be able to use GameStream then? I bet it won't have the same performance in games as the 580, but I'll be just streaming more simple games like Terraria and stuff so that won't matter to me.

Anyone know if this'll work? If nobody knows I'll try it later and update here in the name of science.

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

I have no clue! but sounds like a fun experiment right? :)

I can imagine it will work a bit like with the Physx card, allowing you to render the game on the RX580 anyway. And allowing you to stream it because a Nvidia graphics card is detected.

If you use a the GTX card and Rx card, the game could be confused on which card to use.
One option could be to upgrade the CPU and possibly overclock it? 
You should try it anyway. 

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)
GPU: Evga GTX 1060 3gb (STOCK)
RAM: Geil Potenza 8gb 
SSD/HDD: WD green 120gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD
MOBO: Asus x470-Plus Gaming
PSU: Evga SuperNova 650 P2
Cooling: Antec 120mm liquid cooler

Update (if anything just for the people in the future) - 

I got home and put the 950 in the empty PCI-E slot, installed drivers and Geforce experience and.... nothing at first, in Geforce experience there wasn't a tab for "Shield". I plugged my monitor into the 950 though, and the tab showed up. I enables the "Gamestream" switch and then opened Moonlight on both the chromebook and my PC, both on the same network. My PC showed up on the Chromebook, so I clicked on it and it all worked! I then switched to a different network on my chromebook and connected again, and it worked again. I didn't get the best performance and had a bit of input lag, but that's probably because of the really low end specs of the Chromebook (Celeron N2840 ew).

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

23 hours ago, Adorable Cat said:

Update (if anything just for the people in the future) - 

I got home and put the 950 in the empty PCI-E slot, installed drivers and Geforce experience and.... nothing at first, in Geforce experience there wasn't a tab for "Shield". I plugged my monitor into the 950 though, and the tab showed up. I enables the "Gamestream" switch and then opened Moonlight on both the chromebook and my PC, both on the same network. My PC showed up on the Chromebook, so I clicked on it and it all worked! I then switched to a different network on my chromebook and connected again, and it worked again. I didn't get the best performance and had a bit of input lag, but that's probably because of the really low end specs of the Chromebook (Celeron N2840 ew).

like you said, you just want to stream casual games so at the end of the day input lag should not be a great issues so that's fine. It's probably lagging like that because you don't actually have a video card for streaming/recording. 
The streaming is used via NVidia shield streaming technology? 
I don't actually know anything about streaming or recording while using another computer, but I do know that streaming/recording some games sometimes adds input lag. It's different on every computer and software, perhaps if you tweak some of the settings to see if that fixes it  ? Turning on Vsync may or may not help while streaming/recording.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)
GPU: Evga GTX 1060 3gb (STOCK)
RAM: Geil Potenza 8gb 
SSD/HDD: WD green 120gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD
MOBO: Asus x470-Plus Gaming
PSU: Evga SuperNova 650 P2
Cooling: Antec 120mm liquid cooler