Why is it so hard to find a over 60Hz, QHD, 27", curved monitor?

Lukle

Hey dear LTT Comunity.

So it´s been quite a while since i started to look for a new Monitor.

I´ve got two 24" 1080p Monitors and my new main monitor should be bigger and sharper.

Since i buy a monitor once and have it for quite a long time i want it to be 27", QHD..2560x1440, more than 60hz and..i just feel like i realy just want it.. curved.

I´m not playing competetive shooters so i dont need 1ms reaction time, but i want nice colors and contrast.

Why is it so hard for me to find such a monitor?

I´m obviously not going for a 27" 1080p monitor. I don´t want 4k. i don´t want a Panel with super fast response times but lousy colours.

Do you maybe know some models wich fullfill my specs?

Thanks in advance and greetings from a new member from vienna :)

If you don't have a budget there are a ton of models which fulfill these requirements, such as the now classic ASUS ROG PG279Q  etc, but if you can wait a bit this will release soon, but expect 999+$ price.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GL850G-B-gaming-monitor

Woops both of those are not curved, probably has to do with the IPS technology. IF you want curved then you have to go VA.  MSI, Samsung have a few models like that.

VA is supposed to have good contrast and colors, but meh viewing angles and ghosting.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you don't have a budget there are a ton of models which fulfill these requirements, such as the now classic ASUS ROG PG279Q etc, but if you can wait a bit this will release soon, but expect 999+$ price.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27GL850G-B-gaming-monitor

Well, except they´re both not curved ;)

4 minutes ago, Lukle said:

Well, except they´re both not curved ;)

Yeah i realised, click f5 for my edited post.

The problem with curved monitors is that i can't find an IPS curved monitor, so you have to get a VA panel.

MSI MAG27CQ is a good curved monitor on a budget, also OPTIX MAG271CQR.

Im kinda considering the last one, but idk about the viewing angles and ghosting...

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah i realised, click f5 for my edited post.

The problem with curved monitors is that i can't find an IPS curved monitor, so you have to get a VA panel.

MSI MAG27CQ is a good curved monitor on a budget.

Yeah right now this is my favourite. I don´t mind bad viewing angles but some people on amazon say that the blacks and grays are meh..

i just want to see if there are some options i haven´t seen before i buy a monitor which is 10% meh.

3 minutes ago, Lukle said:

Yeah right now this is my favourite. I don´t mind bad viewing angles but some people on amazon say that the blacks and grays are meh..

i just want to see if there are some options i haven´t seen before i buy a monitor which is 10% meh.

Yeah, the "curved" requirement really cuts out the highest end monitors...

Maybe look at the Samsung C27HG70, but it is also VA, so it may also have the problem with the blacks.

I would still go for a flat 1440p monitor, which is IPS, but imo IPS adds more than a curve to the experience.

53 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah, the "curved" requirement really cuts out the highest end monitors...

Maybe look at the Samsung C27HG70, but it is also VA, so it may also have the problem with the blacks.

I would still go for a flat 1440p monitor, which is IPS, but imo IPS adds more than a curve to the experience.

Samsung C27HG70  looks quite promising thanks!

Yeah, maybe i´ll do that if i´m not happy with what i find in the curved section.