Anaconda Navigator doesn't work.

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hello! So I've been taking some AI classes and my instructor told me to download the Anaconda Distribution as it comes with all those packages in built. 

I downloaded it from their official website and installed it. The 64-bit version of it to be precise. However, after a successful installation, it doesn't appear in the start menu. I can't find wit anywhere. No navigator, no prompt. Nothing. Even the search comes up empty. I navigated to the folder it installed in, just to see that it's installed but it doesn't have any icons. 

I've done a lot of trouble shooting (mentioned below) and now its starting to piss me off. 

Things I've tried:

Reinstalling, like a 100 times.

Installing to a shorter path, C:\Anaconda3

Installing the 32 bit version

Adding to the path (doesn't work either, gives me the anaconda-navigator command not recognized error)

Removing my existing python paths from System PATH variable.

Removing anything remotely close that resembles or python.

Totally uninstalling python.

Installing Miniconda (this gives me the Anaconda Prompt, but still pretty useless)

Reboot Reboot Many Reboots

Closing all applications while it installs.

Turning off Windows Defender. (Apparently this is caused by Race Condition in their installer which deleted some files)

None of these work, none of 'em.

I've seen a lot of people having this issue and it just pisses me off how can they not have solved it already. Anyways, if anyone has any input that might solve this issue of mine so that i can get back to doing some legit ML, please do give. 

BTW I'm on Windows 10, build 1803 

Version of Anaconda in talk : Both 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I had to install Anaconda Navigator for a physics class at university last year, and I know how you feel.  It's not the most reliable piece of software, and there are some things you need to do when installing.

Anaconda Navigator is a big package.  It takes a while, and when you think it's finished installing it may in fact not be finished.

It should be fine to install it to the default directory, but try running the installer as Administrator if you haven't already.

I'd give it a while to install, even longer if it's installing to a hard drive.

Here are some additional tips provided by the Installing Anaconda Navigator on Windows Guide:

• To prevent permission errors, do not launch the installer from the Favourites directory
  • Install Anaconda to a directory path that does not contain spaces or unicode characters.

(I know the instructions say don't install as Administrator, but give it a go)

On 4/10/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tad Bittoomuch said:

I had to install Anaconda Navigator for a physics class at university last year, and I know how you feel.  It's not the most reliable piece of software, and there are some things you need to do when installing.

Anaconda Navigator is a big package.  It takes a while, and when you think it's finished installing it may in fact not be finished.

It should be fine to install it to the default directory, but try running the installer as Administrator if you haven't already.

I'd give it a while to install, even longer if it's installing to a hard drive.

Here are some additional tips provided by the Installing Anaconda Navigator on Windows Guide:

• To prevent permission errors, do not launch the installer from the Favourites directory
  • Install Anaconda to a directory path that does not contain spaces or unicode characters.

(I know the instructions say don't install as Administrator, but give it a go)

Hey!

I've tried those as well, forgot to mention. Anyways I'll try it again just to see.

I'll give it a try and hit you up if anything happens :)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON