Maybe Stupid Idea but bear with me?

Ok so heres my idea. I currently have a Ryzen2200g and an Asus b450 motherboard, my plan is to upgrade to the ryzen 5 3000 series cpu when it releases. Currently im cooling my 2200g with a 120mm aio by corsair. I have an rx580 with a decent but not fantastic heatsink on it, currently at 1410Mhz, the card will clock higher with more voltage but i dont have the cooling for it with the current heatsink. Heres my plan, i figure ill need a better cpu heatsink for the new cpu as i plan to overclock and dont want my thermals to be high. So i thought, possibly, i could cool my rx580 with my 120mm aio im currently using for my cpu? And if so how ridiculous would the mounting setup have to be, id assume id need a small fan for my gpu vrms but i do plan to have a lot of air moving through my case and ill tolerate noise for better temps. 

And how do you plan to mount the block to the GPU?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

1 minute ago, PopsicleHustler said:

And how do you plan to mount the block to the GPU?

ah good question, no idea id have to think of something might be jank, was more wondering about the ability to cool the thing first, then ill move on to practicality

1 minute ago, RorytheDog said:

reply, yeah but radiator is half the size

that is just a mount kit... it doesn't come with the cooler itself

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Just now, Mo5 said:

oh shit, that might actully be perfect!

1 minute ago, Mo5 said:

would a 120mm radiator be able to cool a 580 ok?

3 minutes ago, RorytheDog said:

would a 120mm radiator be able to cool a 580 ok?

probably, yes.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I'm just wondering would all this jazz be worth extra 3FPS you'll get?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I'm just wondering would all this jazz be worth extra 3FPS you'll get?

no, but i have the loop already so i could justify the investment in the bracket