Malfunctioning Closed Loop Liquid Cooler?

Hey,

So this is my first time asking someones help to this topic.

Long story short got my PC 3 years ago (2015.09): i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-P, Silverstone Tundra TD02-E, Cooler Master PSU and Windows 10 as OS.

Everything was fine, CPU temps were below 24 degrees Celsius even at fairly hot days, watching Chrome was basicly having idle temps, while playing basic games maxed at 30-40 and never went above..

That lasted for around 2 years, last year spring was first occurance of weird behaviour. Temperatures started rising above normal temps and started idling around 33 degrees Celsius.. I don't recall what happened, but maybe it fixed itself at that time... Later on I wasn't using PC that much and it was kind of normal... Temps were still idling around 30-33. But everything has changed a month ago. Temperatures went above and above, thought that changing thermal paste will change something, but it happens that it was temporary fix or just lucky coinsidence.. Now using Chrome, Word/Adobe is causing various temperature jumps got higher and higher... Today I've tried downloading BL1 Enchanced, CPU had load ~60% and temperatures were spiking above 80 degrees Celsius... Even with AIDA64 CPU stress they didn't go above 75 (checked couple weeks ago). Copper block above CPU is really hot and water seems to be hot inside as well.. After some time it either cools itself or cooler starts properly cooling I have no idea, but temps went back ~35 degrees Celsius, but considering that it spikes really fast and fairly high for a kind of basic tasks worries me a lot, couldn't use PC for past month or so...

Main question, what's causing all this? Is this some kind of Liquid coolers malfunction or something related to CPU or OS?

i7-6700K - stock speeds

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut as thermal paste

Silverstone Tundra TD02-E - pump connected straight to PSU, Mounted in front with fron fan and two fans from cooler combined

ASUS Z170-P - everything by default (optimised defaults)

Windows 10 1809 latest updates and everything

Coolers pump should be working, tried unplugging it once, well as expected temperatures started climbing... Plugging it back again started lowering temperatures... I'm really worried that it wouldn't be CPU damage from nowhere, since I've never tried OC'ing it till this day lol.

Regards and hoping that you guys might help me! ♥

could be anything from liquid permeation through the tubes to the rad being full of dust, have you ever cleaned it?

On 4/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, Daniel644 said:

could be anything from liquid permeation through the tubes to the rad being full of dust, have you ever cleaned it?

Yes, whole PC has been cleaned before re-applying new thermal paste, including cleaning radiator... First used canned air, in the end with some water going through the gaps (radiator, not the PC itself).

Edit (2019-04-12):

Liquid Cooler was the problem, changing to air cooler helped going back to normal temps. Will be getting new liquid cooler sooner or later.

Edited by iDre4M
Solved.