How do you reset a "DIGIPASS 260"

Zuccers
Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
Just now, Zuccers said:

Yeah, were getting there, just need to know the admin pass, interesting, can it be hacked?

Anything can be hacked given enough time and money, however, one would hope that VASCO put safeguards in place to prevent bruteforcing the admin password, or better yet, made it so the microchip would physically destroy itself after too many failed attempts in order to protect the information on the Digipass.

So, yeah i blocked my Digipass 260 and then i tried removing the battery, which only ended up in a screen that tells me to config a new pin, but nothing else can be done, I am asking the linus tech tips engineers :D. Thanks in advance :)

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Checked the manual?

Yeah, but it doesn't say anything, as you are not supposed to go in to the device itself (open it)

31 minutes ago, Zuccers said:

So, yeah i blocked my Digipass 260 and then i tried removing the battery, which only ended up in a screen that tells me to config a new pin, but nothing else can be done, I am asking the linus tech tips engineers :D. Thanks in advance :)

You'll need the assistance of an administrator of your Digipass to unlock it if it was locked out by too many PIN attempts. Nothing in this manual goes over "blocked" Digipasses though, so without further documentation, it'll be best to contact the issuer of your Digipass for more assistance.

https://www.vasco.com/large_download/manuals/vacman_middleware30/vacman_middleware_product_guide_a4.pdf

5.1.6 Unlock Digipass
If a User incorrectly enters their Digipass PIN into their Digipass a predetermined number of
times, the Digipass will become locked. Once locked, the assistance of an administrator will be
required to unlock it. This function allows an administrator to provide the User with an Unlock
Code to enter into their Digipass.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

6 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You'll need the assistance of an administrator of your Digipass to unlock it if it was locked out by too many PIN attempts. Nothing in this manual goes over "blocked" Digipasses though, so without further documentation, it'll be best to contact the issuer of your Digipass for more assistance.

https://www.vasco.com/large_download/manuals/vacman_middleware30/vacman_middleware_product_guide_a4.pdf

5.1.6 Unlock Digipass
If a User incorrectly enters their Digipass PIN into their Digipass a predetermined number of
times, the Digipass will become locked. Once locked, the assistance of an administrator will be
required to unlock it. This function allows an administrator to provide the User with an Unlock
Code to enter into their Digipass.

Yeah, were getting there, just need to know the admin pass, interesting, can it be hacked?

Just now, Zuccers said:

Anything can be hacked given enough time and money, however, one would hope that VASCO put safeguards in place to prevent bruteforcing the admin password, or better yet, made it so the microchip would physically destroy itself after too many failed attempts in order to protect the information on the Digipass.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)