New build for very long-term use

Pomchip
5 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

If it was me personally I would probably go for something like an rm650x corsair power supply or similar, I know what Pcpartpicker says for total draw but that 450 seems just a bit small to me. 

You can ditch your cooler and use the wraith cooler that comes with the cpu provided you arent doing over clocking, that will basically off set the price of a new psu.

RGB can be turned off completely on that board (I have the gaming 7 wifi with the same processor)

I dont know why so many fans were recommended, I dont know the case you are getting, does it include fans?

Thanks for your input

The be quiet! 601 case comes with two 140-mm fans.

20 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 2950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($829.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U14S TR4-SP3 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X399 DESIGNARE EX ATX TR4 Motherboard  ($386.47 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - P1 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($349.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: be quiet! - Silent Base 801 | Silver ATX Mid Tower Case  ($149.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2241.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-04-03 10:32 EDT-0400

well this will be the best CPU you can fit in the approximate budget of builds above. you can drop the CPU to something like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MsWfrH/xfx-radeon-rx-580-8gb-gts-xxx-ed-video-card-rx-580p8dfd6

i know you dont like AMD, but if your programs utilizes many cores and heavy CPU loads. then its hard to pass up a threadripper

I have reconsidered my position on AMD chips and on my budget. The threadripper look appealing, but I cannot reasonably justify the expense for the occasional usage I will make for this resource. Rizen 7 it would have to be :D