Getting no display from card or onboard graphics when I plug my gpu into the pcie slot

Ok so, I've recently (couple months ago) put together a computer from parts and old computers lying around in my parents garage. It's by no means a gamin rig, but I use it for everything. I purchased a low profile gpu (Geforce GT 710) and I cant for the love of got get it to work.

The crappy gpu that I have currently works just fine, but when I take that out and put the gt 10 in, it suddenly stops working... I've tried resetting the computer, taking the gpu out and putting it back in, putting the drivers disk into the computer before I turn it on. Nothing works. I dont even get a display from the motherboard anymore?

Also, it works just fine when i plug my other gpu (which honestly Idk what its called) into the pcie slot. Do I have a dead card? Am I experiencing major bottolnecking to the point of bo display?

Am I just really stupid? 

I need some help here XD...

Okay, never mind on that. Kind of my fault for not noticing this, but also the manufacturer's fault for doing this. The cord connecting the VGA cable and the gpu, it wasn't plugged in properly. Only half the connectors where plugged in, the rest where just chilling next to it.. matter resolved.

13 minutes ago, Kirito360 said:

Okay, never mind on that. Kind of my fault for not noticing this, but also the manufacturer's fault for doing this. The cord connecting the VGA cable and the gpu, it wasn't plugged in properly. Only half the connectors where plugged in, the rest where just chilling next to it.. matter resolved.

Kudos for letting know how it ended!

Didnt have a clue how to help with this one (could have asked fir pictures in hjndsight though).

That no one responded in time doesnt mean no ones interested :)

All to often people get a sh$tload of help and then never respond to let know how it ended.

Anyhow, welcome to the community! Hope you enjoy and good job on finding the issue