BT mini connectors causing broadband disconnections

Slazeus
Go to solution Solved by Slazeus,

Ok so if anyone with a similar problem comes across this. I fixed it by accident.

It turns out that having a multi adapter plugged into the Powerline adaptor with a bunch of things plugged into that was the issue (even though the documentation said this should be fine). I tried it with nothing plugged into either unit and boom, works flawlessly now. Only downside to that is now I lose a socket in 2 rooms I guess. 

Hi there, 

So I have 2 BT Mini Connectors (Network Powerline Adaptors basically) and when I plug them in and hook up Ethernet cables to my hub / devices my entire broadband connection dies, even over wireless. Nothing can connect to the internet. It will just show a "no internet connection" screen on a browser etc. and the light on my bt home hub 6 will just flash orange for a while before going solid orange (meaning it will try to connect to broadband for a while and then give up and says well something is wrong here). Also the Ethernet connection on my pc will just say "Unkown Network".

I'm not sure why they don't seem to be working and I don't understand how or why they kill my hubs ability to connect to broadband. If I disconnect all the Ethernet cables from my hub and restart it, it works again.

Does anyone have any experience with these units or NPAs in general that has any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? 

Ok so if anyone with a similar problem comes across this. I fixed it by accident.

It turns out that having a multi adapter plugged into the Powerline adaptor with a bunch of things plugged into that was the issue (even though the documentation said this should be fine). I tried it with nothing plugged into either unit and boom, works flawlessly now. Only downside to that is now I lose a socket in 2 rooms I guess.