Looking for a new mouse | My mouse list

Naxy
Go to solution Solved by jiyeon,
4 minutes ago, Naxy said:

I too have smaller hands, and my current mouse feels fine to use. Would the size feel odd for a while than I would get use to it or would it always feel larger? Also there is the G502 Proteus spectrum on NewEgg for 54% off. Is there a difference between that and the G502 Hero?

I haven't had  a lot of experience with mouses, this like my second one. Do Logitech mouses last for a while? 

Thanks for the information!

The size is enormous for a while, but I bet if you do get it, you'll get used to it and the size won't be so prominent after a while.

The difference between the Proteus Spectrum and the HERO is the sensor; The HERO uses Logitech's latest and greatest sensor, the HERO - that's High Efficiency Rated Optical - sensor that is found on other mice such as the Logitech G Pro and the Logitech G305. In my experience, the HERO sensor is amazing and is a signifcant improvement, and if you can get the G502 HERO, you should get it. Although, not everybody will feel the difference between the sensor found on the Proteus vs the HERO.

I've only owned 2 Logitech mice in my time - those being the G502 and the G305 - and each have been highly reliable and durable. I used the G502 for a year and a half before switching over to the G305, and it's still basically good as new.

Hi all

So my current mouse https://www.amazon.ca/XTREME-GAMING-MMO-MOUSE-BLACK/dp/B00ZRWW2OS is getting old and it is starting to act up, so I am hunting for a new mouse. I do my fair share of gaming but I also do a good amount of desktop work. Anyways, I have come up with a list of mouses that I am interested in and was wondering if I could get your guy's opinions on them and or any suggestions for mouses. 

Mouse List: 
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADDZ6A57469&ignorebbr=1

Corsair Gaming SCIMITAR PRO RGB: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816068

Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816063

RAZER DeathAdder Chroma: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADDZ5HF5779&Description=gaming mouse&cm_re=gaming_mouse-_-26-153-168-_-Product

If you have any suggestions let me know!

I've used the G502, so I'll pitch in my opinion and experience with it, so you can judge if my experiences aligns with yours.

The G502's strong points:

• Extensive amount of programmable buttons - It has 2 standard L&R, tilt scrollwheel, and 5 extra programmable buttons, that's a lot of extra buttons you can map which is great for computer work.
  • The design/shape - It has accurate curvature and a nicely-designed thumbrest, I have small hands and my hands moulded to the shape of the mouse perfectly.
  • The sensor - I played a lot of FPS games with the mouse and the sensor was super accurate, no pixel skipping or throw at all.
  • User-defined weights - There are extra weights you can put into the mouse to tune it lighter or heavier as you like.
  • The subtle RGB - The profile indicator and the Logitech G logo are fully RGB and the lighting can be set through the software, although colors tended to be cooler in tone, such as white appearing more like a subtle aqua blue.
  • Price - For all the features you get, the price is amazing. I got mine for £40 on a Black Friday sale and I managed to get a year's worth of use with my G502 before switching to my new G305.

The G502's weak points (in my experience):

• The size - It's one large mouse, I forget the dimensions, but as a person with small hands, I found the mouse very heavy and cumbersome sometimes due to its large size.
  • The cable - It's a wired mouse, and has a braided cable. My cable started to wear out about half a year of use unfortunately, add to that the weight of the cable and it led me to drag the cable an awful lot.

If you have medium-large hands, you'll love the G502, it's worth its pricetag and then some.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I personally use the M65 and I generally quite like it. Very nice switches, nice sensor, fits nicely in my hand. My only real complaint is that god awful sniper button. Maybe you have a use case for it but I personally just find it very annoying. It feels weird on my thumb and it collects dirt (which you can't really get off). It's not THAT big a deal but it annoys me.

If I were in a position to buy a new mouse right now and weren't so heavily invested in the Corsair ecosystem I would get a Logitech G403.

EDIT: Also, I did have to get my M65 replaced after about 18 months because one of the gliding feet on the bottom came loose on a tiny edge so it always caught on my mouse mat.

Edited by toasty6776
Missed a point

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

16 minutes ago, seoz said:

I've used the G502, so I'll pitch in my opinion and experience with it, so you can judge if my experiences aligns with yours.

The G502's strong points:

• Extensive amount of programmable buttons - It has 2 standard L&R, tilt scrollwheel, and 5 extra programmable buttons, that's a lot of extra buttons you can map which is great for computer work.
  • The design/shape - It has accurate curvature and a nicely-designed thumbrest, I have small hands and my hands moulded to the shape of the mouse perfectly.
  • The sensor - I played a lot of FPS games with the mouse and the sensor was super accurate, no pixel skipping or throw at all.
  • User-defined weights - There are extra weights you can put into the mouse to tune it lighter or heavier as you like.
  • The subtle RGB - The profile indicator and the Logitech G logo are fully RGB and the lighting can be set through the software, although colors tended to be cooler in tone, such as white appearing more like a subtle aqua blue.
  • Price - For all the features you get, the price is amazing. I got mine for £40 on a Black Friday sale and I managed to get a year's worth of use with my G502 before switching to my new G305.

The G502's weak points (in my experience):

• The size - It's one large mouse, I forget the dimensions, but as a person with small hands, I found the mouse very heavy and cumbersome sometimes due to its large size.
  • The cable - It's a wired mouse, and has a braided cable. My cable started to wear out about half a year of use unfortunately, add to that the weight of the cable and it led me to drag the cable an awful lot.

If you have medium-large hands, you'll love the G502, it's worth its pricetag and then some.

I too have smaller hands, and my current mouse feels fine to use. Would the size feel odd for a while than I would get use to it or would it always feel larger? Also there is the G502 Proteus spectrum on NewEgg for 54% off. Is there a difference between that and the G502 Hero?

I haven't had  a lot of experience with mouses, this like my second one. Do Logitech mouses last for a while? 

22 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

I personally use the M65 and I generally quite like it. Very nice switches, nice sensor, fits nicely in my hand. My only real complaint is that god awful sniper button. Maybe you have a use case for it but I personally just find it very annoying. It feels weird on my thumb and it collects dirt (which you can't really get off). It's not THAT big a deal but it annoys me.

If I were in a position to buy a new mouse right now and weren't so heavily invested in the Corsair ecosystem I would get a Logitech G403.

EDIT: Also, I did have to get my M65 replaced after about 18 months because one of the gliding feet on the bottom came loose on a tiny edge so it always caught on my mouse mat.

Yeah, I was looking at that button mouse and the button. Seems like something that would be bug me.

Just now, Naxy said:

Yeah, I was looking at that button mouse and the button. Seems like something that would be bug me.

You do get used to it, but it gets greasy and it's just not really useful

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

4 minutes ago, Naxy said:

The size is enormous for a while, but I bet if you do get it, you'll get used to it and the size won't be so prominent after a while.

The difference between the Proteus Spectrum and the HERO is the sensor; The HERO uses Logitech's latest and greatest sensor, the HERO - that's High Efficiency Rated Optical - sensor that is found on other mice such as the Logitech G Pro and the Logitech G305. In my experience, the HERO sensor is amazing and is a signifcant improvement, and if you can get the G502 HERO, you should get it. Although, not everybody will feel the difference between the sensor found on the Proteus vs the HERO.

I've only owned 2 Logitech mice in my time - those being the G502 and the G305 - and each have been highly reliable and durable. I used the G502 for a year and a half before switching over to the G305, and it's still basically good as new.

6 minutes ago, seoz said:

The Proteus is on sale for a great deal, so I am leaning towards that and the sale makes it cheaper than the HERO, so even better. My current mouse is nothing fancy,  so I personally wouldn't feel/appreciate the sensor quality in the hero compared to the Proteus. And so the only difference between the Proteus and the HERO is the sensor? Everything else more or less the same?

10 minutes ago, Naxy said:

The Proteus is on sale for a great deal, so I am leaning towards that and the sale makes it cheaper than the HERO, so even better. My current mouse is nothing fancy,  so I personally wouldn't feel/appreciate the sensor quality in the hero compared to the Proteus. And so the only difference between the Proteus and the HERO is the sensor? Everything else more or less the same?

The only differences are the sensor, and that the HERO will get the newer Logitech G logo on the mouse. Agreed, the sensor difference is quite minimal at least from my experience with the G305 which has the HERO sensor, in fact, the HERO sensor is more aimed towards wireless mice due to its efficiency nature.

9 minutes ago, seoz said:

The only differences are the sensor, and that the HERO will get the newer Logitech G logo on the mouse. Agreed, the sensor difference is quite minimal at least from my experience with the G305 which has the HERO sensor, in fact, the HERO sensor is more aimed towards wireless mice due to its efficiency nature.

I looked at the G305 that you have and I like the design of it. I had a mouse that had a very similar shape like that, and really enjoyed it. I also noticed that Logitech do have mouses like that but are not wireless like the prodigy. Do you have any thoughts about the prodigy? And what about the G305, for a wireless mouse how does it stand up? Because I have seen I few wireless mouses but I am not sure about their consistency. 

Just now, Naxy said:

I looked at the G305 that you have and I like the design of it. I had a mouse that had a very similar shape like that, and really enjoyed it. I also noticed that Logitech do have mouses like that but are not wireless like the prodigy. Do you have any thoughts about the prodigy? And what about the G305, for a wireless mouse how does it stand up? Because I have seen I few wireless mouses but I am not sure about their consistency. 

I can't speak for the Prodigy, but I do have a review on this G305.

The G305 in short; HERO sensor is amazing, ultra consistent, no lag, no stutter, no latency, and extremely long battery life. The shape of the G305 is easy to hold for small-medium handed users like myself.

16 minutes ago, seoz said:

I can't speak for the Prodigy, but I do have a review on this G305.

The G305 in short; HERO sensor is amazing, ultra consistent, no lag, no stutter, no latency, and extremely long battery life. The shape of the G305 is easy to hold for small-medium handed users like myself.

Do you have the dimensions of the mouse on hand? I can't seem to find any. I want to see the size difference compared to my current mouse.

And just to make sure, this is the same mouse that you have https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9H58N40964&Description=g305&cm_re=g305-_-26-197-308-_-Product

10 hours ago, Naxy said:

Do you have the dimensions of the mouse on hand? I can't seem to find any. I want to see the size difference compared to my current mouse.

And just to make sure, this is the same mouse that you have https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9H58N40964&Description=g305&cm_re=g305-_-26-197-308-_-Product

I measured my G305 using a ruler, so my measurements might not be the most precise:

Length - 11cm

Width - 6cm

Height - 3.75cm

Yes, I have the Logitech G305 Lightspeed.