First build check

Xrosshairz

This is my first build and don't know if this all works. I'm just using it for gaming on titles like Metro exodus and the Division 2. I've already got a monitor and peripherals. I might overclock the cpu when I become more educated on how.

Suggestions are welcome!

1 minute ago, LogicWeasel said:

Please ... please tell me your monitor is more than 1080P 60Hz if you're buying that graphics card.

I've got the  Asus - PB277Q 27.0" 2560x1440 75 Hz Monitor. I know its not amazing and I might be upgrading it if I can scrape together another $500 for something with a faster refresh rate.

37 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Looks good to me.

May your framerates be high, and your temperatures low.

Thank you for your blessing Sensei Crunchy Dragon

44 minutes ago, Xrosshairz said:

I've got the  Asus - PB277Q 27.0" 2560x1440 75 Hz Monitor. I know its not amazing and I might be upgrading it if I can scrape together another $500 for something with a faster refresh rate.

Nothing to be ashamed of with that.  I run that question as a disclaimer since it's a waste to pump premium graphics card into a basic 1080p 60hz panel for gaming.  The fact that you're doing 1440p 75hz is already very good and shows you know a monitor is worth investing in to unlock more from your GPU.

If you feel like going for 1440p 144hz the monitor I have (Acer XF270HU) is a quality IPS panel with those specs, and is all the way down to on sale for $349 from Microcenter's online store (great value, and it's Freesync that works with "Nvidia G-Sync Compatible").

11 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

Nothing to be ashamed of with that.  I run that question as a disclaimer since it's a waste to pump premium graphics card into a basic 1080p 60hz panel for gaming.  The fact that you're doing 1440p 75hz is already very good and shows you know a monitor is worth investing in to unlock more from your GPU.

If you feel like going for 1440p 144hz the monitor I have (Acer XF270HU) is a quality IPS panel with those specs, and is all the way down to on sale for $349 from Microcenter's online store (great value, and it's Freesync that works with "Nvidia G-Sync Compatible").

Thank you for the concern and for helping us noobies out. If the deal lasts long enough I might take your advice. I can't buy the system for another couple of months.

12 minutes ago, Xrosshairz said:

Thank you for the concern and for helping us noobies out. If the deal lasts long enough I might take your advice. I can't buy the system for another couple of months.

Ask when you buy. Prices and components change every day. Don't waste your time posting until about a week until you can buy

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

55 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

+1. I just paid $399 at Micro Center for that display. Which is still a great price for an IPS 1440p 144hz.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

10 hours ago, ch3w2oy said:

+1. I just paid $399 at Micro Center for that display. Which is still a great price for an IPS 1440p 144hz.

I love it, I too paid $399 about 1.5 years ago and my monitor-enthusiast gaming friend talked me into it.  He just kept saying "you will not find a better price for all of those great features combined, you can get a TN Panel with that stuff, or you can get an IPS 1440p panel with no freesync or 144hz, but to get all of it usually means a $700+ monitor" so I had to give in to his suggestion. 

I upgraded from a 1080p 60hz panel and boy is that a lot of monitor feature upgrades on the Acer.  The icing on the cake was when Nvidia started allowing Freesync over their cards and so far it works great on my GTX 1070 Ti (best of both worlds as I used to have an RX 480 but it wasn't as good for 1440p gaming, and Vega was too overpriced for mining at the time and lacked good coolers).

1 minute ago, LogicWeasel said:

I love it, I too paid $399 about 1.5 years ago and my monitor-enthusiast gaming friend talked me into it.  He just kept saying "you will not find a better price for all of those great features combined, you can get a TN Panel with that stuff, or you can get an IPS 1440p panel with no freesync or 144hz, but to get all of it usually means a $700+ monitor and I had to give in to his suggestion. 

I upgraded from a 1080p 60hz panel and boy is that a lot of monitor feature upgrades on the Acer.  The icing on the cake was when Nvidia started allowing Freesync over their cards and so far it works great on my GTX 1070 Ti (best of both worlds as I used to have an RX 480 but it wasn't as good for 1440p gaming, and Vega was too overpriced for mining at the time and lacked good coolers).

Exactly why I got an RTX card lol. It is a great monitor, I love it. Mine had a little more black light bleed in one corner than I would like but it's more of a gaming monitor and not my work monitor (kept my 4k for that). 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

16 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Ask when you buy. Prices and components change every day. Don't waste your time posting until about a week until you can buy

I was just asking for input. I'll be buying the pieces separately to see if anything drops in price or goes on sale. I'm also going to wait for the graphics card prices to drop.

1 hour ago, Xrosshairz said:

I was just asking for input. I'll be buying the pieces separately to see if anything drops in price or goes on sale. I'm also going to wait for the graphics card prices to drop.

GPU prices are about as low as they'll get.

If you buy things separately, you miss out on new releases and may have DOA parts you just wasted your money on

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

If you're asking about buying parts for a build then I agree with @LienusLateTips you should be looking to buy the parts quite soon. Monitor is something I wouldn't worry about getting it NOW personally as you've got a decent one for now unless you come across a great deal like the one others have talked about. My only question is the GPU, why not look at EVGA RTX 2080 black edition and co., they might be cheaper GPUs than the overpriced Asus ROG STRIX ones and EVGA make fantastic GPUs - if I didn't get my Founders Edition card I would have definitely gone the EVGA route.

Rest of the build looks great though, that sexy X72 will keep your 2700X fresh and if you can get the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 for a deal better than the X470-F I would as the plastic IO shield over the heatsinks makes no sense to me but that's more of a personal thing - Asus BIOS is definitely the best though or at least in my experience.

All in all your build looks sweet man! Good luck!

Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD

11 hours ago, xandredu said:

If you're asking about buying parts for a build then I agree with @LienusLateTips you should be looking to buy the parts quite soon. Monitor is something I wouldn't worry about getting it NOW personally as you've got a decent one for now unless you come across a great deal like the one others have talked about. My only question is the GPU, why not look at EVGA RTX 2080 black edition and co., they might be cheaper GPUs than the overpriced Asus ROG STRIX ones and EVGA make fantastic GPUs - if I didn't get my Founders Edition card I would have definitely gone the EVGA route.

Rest of the build looks great though, that sexy X72 will keep your 2700X fresh and if you can get the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 for a deal better than the X470-F I would as the plastic IO shield over the heatsinks makes no sense to me but that's more of a personal thing - Asus BIOS is definitely the best though or at least in my experience.

All in all your build looks sweet man! Good luck!

@lienusLateTips 's argument seems reasonable. 

I don't love the look of the EVGA cards and with my budget I thought I'd get the ROG strix even though its a premium for the brand.

That was actually the other motherboard I was looking at and its a very pretty one.