Not bad

EggyRepublic

Did some overclocking on my RTX 2070 Windforce and Ryzen 7 2700X (stock cooler), got a nice 20% improvement on benchmarks. Real world performance isn't as big of an improvement but it's still pretty nice.

Before:

before

After: 

after

My computer did eventually freeze while I was doing a Blender render, is that because the voltage isn't enough? I didn't touch voltages, just the clocks and fan speed (it was LOUD).

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

I sense envy?

OP hasn't even told us the frequency of his/her CPU and just said "20% improvement." How useful is that?

10 minutes ago, EggyRepublic said:

My computer did eventually freeze while I was doing a Blender render, is that because the voltage isn't enough? I didn't touch voltages, just the clocks and fan speed (it was LOUD).

And then the OP says his/her overclock is unstable, so the overclock settings have to change.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

-= Locked =-

OP interesting but;

This post is better suited as having been posted in your Status Update, this can be found on your Profile page.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER