MSI RX 570 driver crashing

Dentash

I am having a issue with my MSI RX570 the card is brand new as well as the build I wanted to see if there is a known issue with the driver for the 570 or if it maybe some thing more I should be concerned about.

There issue seems to happen when ever it feels like doing it the driver will crash and reset the system or black screen and force a hard reset. Then the system well reset and windows will say watt man recovered from unknown error I have that card running stock settings as I dont do any real heavy gaming just wondering if any one might have a clue what could be up. 

The same issue happened to me!! But later I found out that it was my reset switch that was causing it(u could also have a bad reset switch)if not try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver

Update the driver or roll back to the previous version if it was recently updated and also do a RAM memory test.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

I have uploaded the DXDiag file I have done the memory test with both sticks and then with one no errors came up I have done a full driver clean and reinstall and a roll back I did check the power switch and reset switch both seem to be ok no shorts it is a very odd error I figured it was just Windows 10 being difficult on me lol

DxDiag.txt

I checked your dxdiag file just out of sheer curiosity and it was completely useless. ?? But that reminded me that there is a way to manually install a driver in your system, but for this to take effect, you first need to have downloaded the graphics driver ZIP file of your manufacturer and manually extract the .INF file that belongs to your system, you can contact them if you want and ask if they offer the option to find their .INF file for their driver, if they don't then this doesn't apply to you:

1. Click the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen, type Device Manager and press enter. The Device Manager window opens.
  2. Right-click the relevant device and select Update Driver Software. The Update Driver Software window opens.
  3. Click 'Browse my computer for driver software'.
  4. Click Browse and select the path to the driver. (Path to the .INF file)
  5. Click OK and then click Next. The driver will now be installed.
  6. Click Finish.
  7. Restart your computer.

And one more question. Is your Windows version activated or are you using a patch? If your system is failing you can also run these two commands to try to get it repaired:

1. CHKDSK

2. sfc /scannow

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

3 hours ago, seagate_surfer said:

I checked your dxdiag file just out of sheer curiosity and it was completely useless. ?? But that reminded me that there is a way to manually install a driver in your system, but for this to take effect, you first need to have downloaded the graphics driver ZIP file of your manufacturer and manually extract the .INF file that belongs to your system, you can contact them if you want and ask if they offer the option to find their .INF file for their driver, if they don't then this doesn't apply to you:

1. Click the Windows logo in the bottom left of the screen, type Device Manager and press enter. The Device Manager window opens.
  2. Right-click the relevant device and select Update Driver Software. The Update Driver Software window opens.
  3. Click 'Browse my computer for driver software'.
  4. Click Browse and select the path to the driver. (Path to the .INF file)
  5. Click OK and then click Next. The driver will now be installed.
  6. Click Finish.
  7. Restart your computer.

And one more question. Is your Windows version activated or are you using a patch? If your system is failing you can also run these two commands to try to get it repaired:

1. CHKDSK

2. sfc /scannow

It was the driver the manual install seems to have fixed the issue it has been running now for 8hours under load no crash has happened seems this was the fix and yes Windows is fully activated no hacks ?

I'm glad you tried this suggestion and that it worked for you! Then just enjoy and have a good day! ??