I destroyed my 660 ti heatsink

Trashcan

So I had just bought another 660 ti to put in SLI and when I got the card I replaced the thermal paste with CLLP. Little did I know the heatsink was aluminum  :angry: . I thought it would have been fine since I have CLLP on my other 660 ti. One is a MSI and the one I destroyed was a galaxy. So I was wondering how can I cool my card now that my heatsink is destroyed? Heres whats left of my heatsink lol http://gyazo.com/dd6e6f6ad3bdf87bdd2ccf7630cc0ba9

CPU  i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Cooler: Swiftech H220 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Motherboard: Z170X Gaming 7 | PSU: EVGA G2 650W
Storage: 128GB Kingston SSD/1TB WD Black Storage | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | MONITOR: Acer GN246HL | KEYBOARD: CM Quickfire TK (MX Blue) | MOUSE: Sensei Rival

you sure you didnt use acid as thermal paste? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

oops...

waterblock? look for someone who changed to a waterblock and take their cooler?

• Cooler Master Storm Enforcer
  • I7 3770K @ Stock
  • Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
  • AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212+
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 
  • 2x 1tb WD Green Drives (RAID 1)
  • 256gb Samsung 840
  • Peripherals
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Core
  • Ducky Shine 3 - Blue LED, Brown Switches
  • Samsung SyncMaster 2443
  • Custom Mousepad http://imgur.com/xJWASQM
  • Logitech G35
  • Altec Lansing Octane 7

Never seen that before, didn't realise it made such a mess o-o

No idea if there's seperate heatsinks you can get, never come across any. And a waterblock and custom loop for a 660 seems a tad silly.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

You could possibly sand the shitty black stuff off, and try it then, if the temps are bad, look on ebay for a used cooler.
I think it should be fine if you sand it off and put some thermal paste on... 

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

You could possibly sand the shitty black stuff off, and try it then, if the temps are bad, look on ebay for a used cooler.

I think it should be fine if you sand it off and put some thermal paste on... 

I would try that but one of my screw holes melted off 

CPU  i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Cooler: Swiftech H220 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Motherboard: Z170X Gaming 7 | PSU: EVGA G2 650W
Storage: 128GB Kingston SSD/1TB WD Black Storage | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | MONITOR: Acer GN246HL | KEYBOARD: CM Quickfire TK (MX Blue) | MOUSE: Sensei Rival

Please I need some suggestions, Im desperate at this point.

What the flaming monkey jesus f**King s**t is CLLP and how did it do that?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

What the flaming monkey jesus f**King s**t is CLLP and how did it do that?

Coollaboratory Liquid Pro

Coollaboratory Liquid Pro

You still didn't explain how it can do that to a heatsink....

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You still didn't explain how it can do that to a heatsink....

My heatsink was aluminum and CLLP is gallium based and aluminum and gallium cause a chemical reaction.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Try using a Kraken G10 + AIO liquid cooling.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K,   CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i,   Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55,   LED Lighting: NZXT Hue RGB LED,   GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX780 3GB,

Storage: Samsung EVO 250GB (OS), 2TB Seagate, 3TB Seagate,   Case: Corsair 750D,   Monitors: ASUS PB287Q 4K and 42" LG IPS TV,   PSU: Corsair HX650 V2,

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (MX Brown),   Mouse: Logitech M950T,   Headphones: Audio Technica ATH PRO700MK2,   Speakers: Logitech Z906,   Phone: Google Nexus 5,   Tablet: Google Nexus 9

My heatsink was aluminum and CLLP is gallium based and aluminum and gallium cause a chemical reaction.

Well...that explains that but damn the damage is shocking to say the least.

Try using a Kraken G10 + AIO liquid cooling.

Thats will be expensive 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

A lesson learnt here. You should probably spread this sort of issue around. You should actually probably let the CLP manufacturers know. Many heatsinks are aluminium and I doubt this is a common thing.

You should look online for a second-hand heatsink. Is the card itself okay? Is there any damage to it at all?

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Arctic Cooling has some aftermarket gpu coolers and they seem to be really good.

http://www.arctic.ac/de_de/produkte/cooling/vga.html

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

A lesson learnt here. You should probably spread this sort of issue around. You should actually probably let the CLP manufacturers know. Many heatsinks are aluminium and I doubt this is a common thing.

You should look online for a second-hand heatsink. Is the card itself okay? Is there any damage to it at all?

The manufacturers already know about this. The reason I put it on my galaxy card is because it works on my MSI card. And I assumed they were both nickel plated copper.

Look at Arctic or Gelid for aftermarket heatsinks sold on their own.

You should look online for a second-hand heatsink

if the pcb is aftermarket it won`t work a stock one

As others have suggested

Ebay Heatsink - Can still be pricey for what you are getting

G10 + AIO - If you can get a cheap AIO

Aftermarket Heatshink - Can also be pricey, depending on thermal requirements, but can also be be affordable.

Did not know of this product, seems interesting.

If the heatsink is grey then it is likely aluminum.

Here's an update: I modded my 660 ti and put my H100 on it. I figured I might as well since my H100 was collecting dust in my closet. here's a picture: http://gyazo.com/7c05b948af913e4ba3f5131b421a69f1