Mic setup recommendations

I have a budget of about $250 for a new microphone setup, and I am not afraid to admit that I don't know anything about audio equipment. So I came here for a bit of help, 

From what little I know, I will need a mic and a mixer/amplifier, but what else would I need? and what are some recommendations you all may have for the setup? 

and I apologize if I am generally not too knowledgeable about this kind of thing, audio isn't my strong suit.

I'm also looking for a mic setup and decided on this one for close to the same price point

Audio technica at2020 with

Scarlett 2i2 or scarlett solo to save a bit and maybe put it into a better mic

Other accessories are a pop filter and an adjustable mic stand with maybe a shock mount

Again, I never got into audio recording and this is my first time getting a setup like this. I decided on this setup after watching some reviews and recommendations.

Podcastage has a lot of audio related reviews and tests. Check his channel out to learn more.

You can't go wrong with the AT2020.  It's a good mic, a lot of folks use it for gaming and podcasting.

Because of a Podcastage review, I may try using the Shure SM48.  It's cheap and seems to have good off axis (background) noise rejection

Not the typical gamer mic, but I might give it a shot for $35. 

If you're going to be recording music, you'll likely want to spend a bit more on the mic.

I agree with wsc2010 about the pop filter, shock mount, mic stand, and Scarlett audio interface.

The Behringer U-Phoria series of audio interfaces seem to be good options as well.

I just discovered Podcastage a couple days ago.  He does a fantastic job of reviewing mics and is down to earth about it all too.

Check him out.